Hazard light switch/reverse sensors

hope someone can help

i have an 02 vrs that has the reverseing sensors fitted but it only works intermitantly any ideas, i have also just started having the hazzard warning light switch start clicking after the indicators have been cancelled

:confused: thanks for reading hope you can help

Mark

The hazard light switch contains the indicator relay. It is a DIY job to replace it. Are you getting any extra bleeps when you select reverse gear with the sensors out of range of any obstacles - which would indicate that one or more of the sensors is faulty? The sensors take their positive power feed from the reversing lights which are next to the indicator lights. I just wonder if the 2 problems are connected in some way. Did both problems start at the same time?

hi

no they didnt start at the same time the reversing sensors started working intermitantly a couple of months ago but the relay in the hazzard switch only started clicking when the indicaters were not on yesterday! do you know if there is a multi plug in the boot somewhere that might be dodgy

thanks

mark

I fitted the official Skoda reversing sensor kit a couple of weeks ago. If you open the boot and remove the plastic trim just inside the boot, you should be able to see where the wiring enters the boot from the bumper area. On the aftermarket kit the 4 sensors plug individually into a mini black box and the wiring then goes via the offside rear light cluster then under trim to the driver's door pillar. On yours the wiring probably joins a loom after entering the boot. The sensors are available individually so I would expect some form of accessible connector in the boot.

Having just checked ETKA, it looks as if the factory fit wiring is substantially different. ETKA appears to show the wiring from the sensors entering the boot through a grommet on the LHS under the bumper and the parking aid control box with 2 connectors only is mounted on the nearside wheel arch under the boot side trim. The warning buzzer sender is shown as being on the front passenger's door pillar. Replacement parts are available if you can work out which is faulty.

The hazard switch is the cause if the indicators do not work or stay on and do not flash. In your case I suspect that switch/relay combination is fine and the problem is that it is receiving an intermittent/spuirious signal, in this case the indicator stalk will be the culprit. Either you can replace it (

• 1 year later...
hope someone can help

i have an 02 vrs that has the reverseing sensors fitted but it only works intermitantly any ideas, i have also just started having the hazzard warning light switch start clicking after the indicators have been cancelled

:confused: thanks for reading hope you can help

Mark

i had that fault with the flash unit, i sorted it out by spraying electrical cleaner down the flasher unit and the indicater arm, since i done that they have worked has they should. I can't help with the reverse senors has i have this fault and not managed to solve it myself yet.

Hope this help