Replacing stereo

Hi ive got an octavia (old shape) 1.9tdi 6speed manual 54 reg, with cd multichanger and syphony head unit.

Im looking to replace the head unit with an mp3/usb/cd player head unit.

The new head unit has an iso connector on it.

Ive read several threads about problems when the head units are replaced, these problems are...

*Swapping the +pos feeds red/yellow so contant +12v is supplied to the head unit.

*radio problems- a special adaptor may be required so the radio works.

*Removing the original head unit - best method?

*iso convert wire may connect an unused wire to +12v permanent source, which may damage dealers equipment when serviced.

Someone mention that a vw iso wiring adaptor from halfords should be used instead of the skoda one?

Does anyone have the exact halford model numbers of the iso wiring adaptor required so i dont need to swap red and yellow and so that i dont blow up the dealers equipment. And also the part or model number of the ariel adaptor.

Car is a company car so i will need to return it back to stock eventually.

Cheers

Thanx for the reply, You say i dont need an iso connector, but the new head unit comes with iso connector fitted. Dont i need an adaptor to go between the iso connector and the original skoda wiring connector?

Thanx for the reply, You say i dont need an iso connector, but the new head unit comes with iso connector fitted. Dont i need an adaptor to go between the iso connector and the original skoda wiring connector?

No, the original Skoda wiring connectors are ISO :)

Thanx vRS_Si, info was spot on.

I got that ariel signal booster from halfords model pc5-52 if anyones interested.

Also a small iso adaptor for ariel may be required because skoda ariel didnt fit new heat unit. (male ariel plug on one end, female ariel socket on other end,approx 2inches long)

I removed the glove box to install new head unit as posted by someone else in these forums, made life much easier to hide cables at back.