TDi Sport suspension and fuel filler problem

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and hoping that someone knows the answer to my problems.

I have a '55' Octavia 2.0 TDi Sport that I've owned for about 3 months. About a month after picking up the car, I noticed that the front offiside corner was leaning by about half an inch. I have also noticed that the handling, particularly when cornering, had changed slightly.

The car went into my local dealer who first fitted a new spring which made no difference. It went back into the dealer last week for a thorough check of all componements and still no reason for the lean can be found.

The current situation is that the garage is liasing with the technical department at Skoda for a possible solution.

My second problem is when filling the car up with fuel. On the last 2 occasions when filling up at my local Tesco, the pump kept cutting off after every 4 or 5 litres. This kept happening until the pump timed out and cut off after 3 minutes. I tried the nozzle in different positions but it made no difference.

The cashier stated that the reason for this was that I had an air lock in the tank.

Has anyone experienced any of these problems and if so, what was the fix?

I've had the pump problem with various cars in the past. I think my R5 Turbo was worst - would take an age to fill. Occasionally got it with my MK1 vRS.

Guess none of this helps solve a potential problem, tho...

I too have the fuel problem on my little Fabia 1.4 petrol car - usually after a few seconds/litres. Seems to be a particular brand of garage so I put it down to one of difference in length, angle or width of the pump hose. (No double entendres please). It might be an air lock lock, since if I move to another pump it will fill quite happily :confused:

Dunno, but you are not alone.

Regards

Mo