Skip to content

Fabia Automatic

Featured Replies

I am very happy with my MkIII Fabia estate so looking for a Fabia for my daughter.

Sadly she only drives an automatic and I have no knowledge of automatics.

I would be grateful for any advice from owners.

It is a DQ200 DSG which is a Twin Dry Clutch Gearbox. Skoda / VW call them a Semi Automatic. They are as far as matters a 2 pedal automatic gearbox. Best thing is go try one. You driving it like an Automatic, so 1 foot only. You can change gear manually. No Servicing Schedule with them.

  • Author

Thank you.

I would suggest putting aside £800-£1600 at least for a new clutch pack by 150,000 miles. If it’s done a lot of city driving it could be a lot sooner. I bought a Fabia DSG which had mostly done motorway miles. Now at 125,000 and on the original clutch pack with no problems or codes. Besides a test drive; setting off on an incline with no gas peddle. Any noise? Is it smooth changing? I’d personally buy a code reader and give the car you like a scan to see if there are any codes on the transmission module. A worn clutch pack won’t put on engine check light necessarily.

Edited by pkyyyy

  • Author

Thank you.

If stopped on a hill and hill hold assist is working, holding the car for a couple of seconds it needs the accelerator touched to move off,

Edited by Evolution13

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.