clutch problem sdi

Can anyone help.I have been using my car all day and have had no problems with my clutch. But when i stoped the car to go to the shop came back to start the car and put it into gear it would not go in any gear.It only goes in gear when i stop the engine put it in gear and start it up again. But the car moves when i press in the clutch pedal in.Could anybody tell me is the clutch gone or if there is any other problem?

Yes it is. You remove the round cap at the end of the gearbox and it sits in there. Its quite an odd gearbox the 020/02k as the clutch is reversed in its operation. The pressure plate bolts to the engine and the flywheel goes over the top. The clutch is activated by a push rod that goes through the centre of the gearbox. Its this rod that is activated by the arm that breaks.

clutcharm.jpg

It cracks and opens up meaning the splined shaft cant drive it anymore. Good news its pretty cheap and it easy to change.

i've got a speaking suspision that you can change them without removing the gearbox. you just have to pop the plate off the end of the box. the pushrod runs though the centre of the first motion shaft(which is obviously hollow) and they just slide out. might be a good idea to change the release bearing at the same time.

I had the clutch done .He said the was nothing wrong with the clutch arm but clutch was well gone.Anyway thankyou for your help everyone.

I'm really surprised you didn't notice it slipping before it finally went though.