Windows opening on their own

Hi All

I have a 1.9tdi elegance Octy 2 on three occasions I have found all four windows down when I have returned to the car. The keys have not been in the ignition and the windows have been down by varying levels but all four windows have been down by the exact same amount. My dealer has looked but can't find anything anyone got any ideas or come across the problem before?

Yeah you haven't sat on the keys have you? Actually' date=' if you use the unlock from the remote, is it one touch or do you have to hold it down until all the windows are at the position you want them?

Chris[/quote']

It's not one touch.

IIRC you can turn this functionality off in the MFD.

No you can't unless the 06 models are different from 05 models.

Dunno about the previous models. Mine's a 2007 model and I have just successfully turned off the function in MFD. (You can choose All, Driver only, or Off.)

A colleague at work had the 'all 4 windows down' problem with his new style 06 company Passat. He would lock it and when he came back some time later or even over night outside his house the windows would all be down. The dealer replaced some part of the cars wiring to cure the fault. It was definatley not the key fob as it has not done it since the work was carried out.

I shall endeavour to find out from him what work exactly was carried out