Water leak behind glove box

bennybee20

Should my fabia vrs have these drains in the engine compartment as I've spent all night trying to locate them with no success. Also if only the rear footwell is wet does this suggest it is blocked drains or a leaky door? How can I tell which it is. Any help would be appreciated

The rear footwell was wet in mine and turned out only to be the rear door seal.

• 3 weeks later...

I registered in order to thank the good people of this site for some excellent advice. Autumn leaves had blocked the drain and the autumn monsoon created a puddle in the front near-side footwell. A swift gynaecological manoever, as suggested by Woolyfoot, cleared the flaps and drained a pint or so of water. Result: dry carpet.

• 3 years later...

The best way really is to remove the wipers and the scuttle cover. 2x 13mm nuts for wipers, leave nut on a few turns while wriggling it to separate from the spindle. The 3 clips will break, order some new before starting.

Good time to run a cable for an amp through to the boot too.