Vrs Tdi Glow Plug Issues

Picked up my Vrs Tdi yesterday and having read various threads on here about the engine management light coming on in the first few hundred miles on several peoples cars i was expecting the same with mine.

I fired the car up on the dealers forecourt and the warning light stayed on so i had a word with the director about it and i think he was a bit embarrased about it because i hadn't even moved the car an inch.

Apparently there is a sensor/relay thing on the glowplug that is faulty on this version of the 2.0 tdi engine and the dealers are waiting for the new sensor on back order, i was told that the car was fine to drive until the new sensor turns up which should cure the problem, the demonstrator has the same issue and has had for the past 2500 miles or so.

Thought people who are about to pick their cars up may want to know about the issue.

Who has had the same problem with theirs already, and has it been fixed yet?

My only concern is that if anything else crops up the warning light is already on so i won't necessarily be aware of any problem.

Other than that an absolutely cracking car and a very big :thumbup:

Mine came on at 400 miles. Told the dealer what it was before they connected it to the computer. They switched the light off and told me that the part was on back order. Light came on again this morning. But she's running fine.

Very happy with mine too. :orb_bounc

My engine light came on this morning (470 miles). Phoned local dealer and they are going to take a look. I very much suspect that this is the same issue regarding 170 TDI glow plug sensors and there are no other related symptoms with the engine performance.

Strangely my light went out on leaving work last night and hasn't come back on yet, i'm on about 220 miles so far.

I've not rung the dealer to tell them because i fully expect the light to come back on at some point as it appears to be an ongoing issue.

Like has been said there are no issues with the performance although i can see i'll have to be careful exiting roundabouts when they are greasy like this morning as it triggered the traction control and i thought i was being steady. :eek: