No trip computer, but temp sensor

irfant

I've got a Roomster 1 (base model). There is a temp. sensor behind the left fog light cover, but my car doesn't have any trip computer.

Do you know, why is that? :confused:

It may be (although not sure) that it comes up when the temperature drops below about 5 degrees C as a safety feature, although I am 1) not sure on whether it would and 2) not sure if you get temperatures that low in Istanbul :D

The engine uses the engine coolant temp sensor and, to a degree, the MAF sensor to figure out the temperatures for correct fuelling ratio.

The sensor behind the foglamp cover is for the ice warning system.

Thank you! Now I'm waiting for icy weathers, because I couldn't see any warning light in the owners manual.

I'll let you know ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The weather was freezing yesterday (0°C degree) and partly snowing, no ice warning has been observed!

This means my temp. sensor is for nothing :D

It was mounted by mistake... :mad:

• 1 month later...
If you have an air con, (don't know the specs of the Roomsters), it needs to know the ambient temperature as it will not be useable below 5 degrees so this may be why it's there.

Mine is Roomster 1, it has AC. Yes may be! Thanks :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

The engine uses the engine coolant temp sensor and, to a degree, the MAF sensor to figure out the temperatures for correct fuelling ratio.

The sensor behind the foglamp cover is for the ice warning system.

so where is the temp sensor for the external temp display?

had a minor fornt end shunt in mine and since then when i have the aircon on in slow traffic the external temp shows 35-40deg C even when realy only 20-25deg C, suspected for a while the sensor not replaced properly, but not been able to find where it is or should be

the shunt left me with minor damage to bumper but trashed the intercooler

peter

Behind the left fog light cover, it is an LM-35 sensor for the external temp display IIRC...

thanks i will check when it warms up a bit and less snow

the repair centre said they had not seen a roomster before, so i suspect they did not know what the sensor was or where it should go

peter

• 4 months later...

thanks i will check when it warms up a bit and less snow

the repair centre said they had not seen a roomster before, so i suspect they did not know what the sensor was or where it should go

peter

finally got round to sorting this pesky sensor

located behind the passenger side fog light cover. (as i wasn't sure is left side looking from inside or outside the car)

if you look at the fog light cover there is a hole about 10mm diameter near the top and the external temp sensor should sit in a clip just behind that hole,

pull the cover forward to remove it then reposition the sensor in the correct hole instead of swinging in the breeze behind the radiator getting the wrong temp readings

don't you just love accident repair centres who have not seen a new model and don't put everything back properly

peter