Radio Cassette

I've just bought a 2000 Fabia 8v petrol. The radio plays tapes, but in the radio mode doesn't play at all. The display just keeps flashing 'TAPE'. The dealer says the radio works fine on the bench, and he will replace with a alternative if it continues to malfunction in the vehicle. I'd like to keep the original Skoda radio. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? and can anyone propose any solution? Any advice would be much appriciated.

Mike

• 10 months later...

afraid all I can say is I have the same problem (yreg 1.9 sdi). It looks like the sensor that tells it a tape is in is damaged so it thinks there is a tape in.

When i eject a tape it goes to radio (or if traffic news cuts in) but any bump will put it back to tape mode.

• 3 months later...

Just a note to say another driver with exactly the same problem. A 2002 Fabia Estate 1.9TDI with original radio-cassette player. The display flickers between the radio station, and the TAPE mode inyermittently. Nothing obvious seems to have caused it, it has just started playing up.

I'd rather not have to replace the entire unit, so if anyone has a quick fix I'd be very grateful.

• 7 months later...