felisia 1997 1.6 5sped manual any idears on tuning ?

GrayFox

I have a 1997 Felicia 1.6GLXi as well. The engine is a VW one and you can get a Haynes Workshop Manual for the car. I guess you could order one on the internet from Amazon but it is in English and it only covers servicing and repairs - not tuning.

Most cost effective mods would be to change air intake and the exhaust, and possibly get some racing cams made up for it.

Fitting a turbo will be pricey, and probably cost as much as a new engine (such as the 1.8T).

NOS would be a cheaper possibility, though I don't know how much of a gain you could do before it starts to damage the transmission.

Messing with the computer won't be cheap, and you'll get something like an 8bhp gain.

IMHO, save the money you'd spend on mods and put it towards a future investment in a faster car! :)

Rob.

As far as I know, the 1.6 is a pretty strong block, so I reckon it could physically handle a turbo. Not sure whether the computer can be programmed to use it though - I wouldn't see why not, though it would probably take a lot of expensive experimenting to achieve this. And I'd be interested in knowing the answer... ;)

Oh, and the engine in the Felicia will be the same as in the 1987 Golf you owned! :D

Rob.

Moving away from turbos, the Felicia Rally car had the 1.6 engine in it. If my sources are correct, that was a twin spark (like you get on Alfa's!!!). They did a tour of all the Skoda dealers in the UK (supposedly) and the mechanics drove it, a real beast apparently. Perhaps finding some technical details on that might help you in your search for more power. :lamer:

Matt