V8 feel Fabia vRS

I think that the main difference would be that a n/a V8 petrol would have instant throttle response and a smoother power curve, when with the tdi lump you've got turbo lag and if you let the revs drop too much the turbo doesn't get on boost.

I've not driven a V8, but I've driven a Porsche 3.6 flat six, and that was effortless to drive! And that's hardly a lazy engine either . . .

Hang on here- If you stop trying to make fun of anonymouse - he/she has a point.

I owned a 5.7l V8 Camaro years ago (1986), had it for about 5 years. 650 cfm Holley double-pumper carb plus I fitted a 150hp Nitrous system on it as well.

The Fabia vRS is reminicent of the way that heavy torquey motor behaved. Not the same but really quite similar in a few ways, mainly low rpm push. That smallblock V8 redlined at a ridiculously low 5.5-6K. Obviously not the same power in the Fabia vRS but there you have it.

Cheers

Bas

Bas, you know, :wrthless: with your Magnum lookalike :D

Come on then. A Fabia vRS, is a lot faster than your weeny V8 :P;)

Probably is mate, i keep drivin 'round in circles , cant work out what im doing

wrong :P .

The Fabia wins with the fuel, the MG's 12mpg in town and 19.5 A roads and motorway, must confess im considering diesel power in the Cortina....

Steve

Yeh, '65 4 door mk1 :D , Pinto's and Cossies are the obvious choice but im thinking of trying something different. The 'tina weighs about 750 kg so a remapped Fabia lump could be fun ;) , just need to find a RWD box that will fit and a car thats been parked up a tree or on its roof .....

mmm.. i remember a post about that .........

Steve

I think you'd be seriously dissapointed if you put a diesel lump in it mate!

A friend of mine who builds cars for a living once built a diesel caterham type thing for a customer, it was running the 150bhp VW Golf PD engine, and when your out on your own in it, it does feel fast, and infact it is fast, but when you find yourself next to another caterham or similar, thats where the problems start, it basically acts like a mobile chicane for all the others to drive past!

Even the pinto engined ones were eating it for breakfast, let alone the cossie or bike engined ones!! the bloke sold it in the end and bought a bike engined one he was so dissapointed!!