EPC---Would loose rubber hose be the cause??

icon5.gifEPC---Would loose rubber hose be the cause?

Started the car earlier and found the EPC light did not go out. Car was driving fine on the way home.

Had a quick search on the site and found numerous causes. Checked the brake lights and they are working. Decided to lift the bonnet and found a small rubber hose had come away at the side of the engine cover across from the battery (1.2 Fabia HTP) and that the underside of the bonnet was filthy with dust as was most of the engine and battery area which I have never seen before.

Pushed it back on easily......Would this have been the cause of the EPC light coming on:confused:

Restarted the car and drove for a couple of minutes but the light remained on.

Thanks in advance for any help:thumbup:

Took some photos with the phone to show what I mean

Attached Thumbnails14347d1176402147t-photo-0001_000.jpg 14348d1176402147t-photo-0002_000.jpg 14349d1176402147t-photo-0003_000.jpg 14350d1176402147t-photo-0004_000.jpg 14351d1176402147t-photo-0011_000.jpg

On my second trip in the car today the EPC light went out.:) :)

Used the car earlier tonight and still no sign

Hopefully thats the end of the problem:D

the engine management will see that the previous fault has not occured in that drive cycle so has put the light out , there will be fault codes in the memory i would imagine

Have to agree that diagnostic is good :) On my 1.4 it goes off and I think all is well, but it isn't and it comes back on again (for no obvious reason - usual checks), but it usually means something's wrong. When faults have been found and repaired, the EPC light is then happy.

I don't understand why, if there is a fault, the light doesn't show continually, but ours is not to reason why.

Good luck making your EPC light a happy bunny :)

Mo