Good Bye Fabia and Skoda.

superskib

Sadly you get cars like that no matter what the brand or the premium you pay.

But Toyota are one of the best so good luck with your new purchase, the Auris is a very nice car indeed. One of my friends is a sales manager at a Toyota dealer and has had an Auris for a while now, superb car.

Badge alone does not guarantee reliability - I remember a certain sub 40k Celica (18months old) on it's second clutch, gearbox & engine :eek: Our equivalent mileage Corolla D4D (2.0 IIRC) used to 'blow up' intermittently (lots of smoke), lose all drive & stop. Upon restarting it went normally.

I too went the D4D route after the Fabia ( well the wife has claimed it now ). The interior build quality in the Toyota seems a lot lower than the Fabia, but like your experience my Fabia was getting near the end of warranty and starting to visit the dealers too often for minor body issues which was a pain, door seals, rear glass de-bonding, rust around the rear glass, the dealers I chose to do the work were first class but there was a trend developing.

The Toyota feels tinny next to the Fabia ( built in France hope they were in a good mood that day ) and has only done 700 miles but has averaged 57mpg against 42 for the Fabia.

My next Fabia project won't worry about MPG but will be unusual for the UK :rolleyes:

OH and 2000 posts wo-hoo