Blower Problem

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could help diagnose an issue I have on my '53 Reg Fabia VRS.

Last week I turned on the blowers and found that there is no airflow or fan noise on the first three speed settings. Number four, aka 'the hairdryer', works fine and the aircon and heater work when on this setting.

Last night I had the dash off and buzzed out the switch which appears to be fine, as do all the fuses. Am I looking at a new heater motor ? If so how hard are they to fit ? I've had the trim off far enough to find it and I'm pretty handy with a screwdriver. Is the replacement an easy enough job ?

Any suggestions or advice would be gladly welcomed :)

Thanks

Hmm, OK - I know "search 1st, ask 2nd" :(

I just found a thread by national here which suggests this might be the resistor pack.

I guess I'll need to try and get it out to test.

Almost certainly the resistor pack. Top speed doesn't use the resistor and hence that's why it still works. The remainder of them will probably be open circuit.