courtesy car insurance

well as i was driving around today the engine management light switched on and i lost all power so i took the car straight away down to the dealers.

they plugged it in and the maf sensor is not communicating at all so a replacement part is on order should be in tomorrow morning

so i asked the dealer if i could have a courtesy car as i have to drive to work tonight and it is an 80 mile round trip. the dealer refused to give me one saying that i am not old enough as i am only 20 now i think thats fair enough but why do they sell me the car and not mention about this.

i was also wondering if there is anyway i can claim back off skoda the wages i am going to lose tonight

any one else also had problems in the same way that i have had :confused:

I don't think there's much, if anything you can do. The dealer doesn't have to give you a courtesy car. You'd only really have a case if the problem was much more serious and left you without the car for a longer period of time. Just be thankful that they've found the fault and will be fixing it so quickly.

i was also wondering if there is anyway i can claim back off skoda the wages i am going to lose tonight

You have 2 options as I see it.

1) Go to the dealer and ask for an extended test drive in one of their cars (I hear the Octy vRS is quite nice ;)) and say you'll return it tomorrow.

2) Ring Skoda CS and complain about the fact you will not be able to get to work due to a problem with one of their cars which is being repaired under warranty and being out of pocket as a result.

Hopefully one of the two will work for you.... :D

Chris

one of my old cars went in for work once under warainty the gear box packed up so i had no car i think i was 20-21 they said they didnt have any spare cars but when i kicked up a fuss and told them i had to have a car eventualy they got me a car from enterprice rent a car but i did have to insure it but when they gave me one of there cars they insured me with no fuss i was only 19

If you'd had the car picked up by Skoda Assistance then they would've given you a car for up to 48hrs while yours is being repaired as they did for me. However I've been without a car for over a week now as mine is sitting at the dealer while I argue my case for getting mine repaired under warranty. They've said they'll give me a car if they do it under warranty but doubt they will due to age.

i know they are not obliged to give me a car but i explained my situation when i bought the car and they said no problems they can sort it out so i will not be without the car

as for how long they will have it they are saying by tomorrow morning but the mechanic seemed unsure as he said the maf is not responding and he has never seen one pack up all off a sudden

never know the car maybe a bit quicker with the new maf

i also asked for an extended test drive on the roomster i was that desperate but they said the insurance will not allow it

You could always take your car back if it's that important to have transport & just drive it around in "limp mode" for a day or so until the new Maf arrives. ;)

Granted, you won't make much in the way of rapid progress but at least you should still be able to get from A to B ...........eventually!!:rofl:

Although they're probably not legally required to give you a courtesey car or compensation, it's quite likely that they will do something as a matter of customer service.

I've heard very positive things about Skoda central customer service on here. I would be tempted to give them a call, be totally honest and polite and see if there is anything that they'll do for you.

Maybe think of some other ways you could be sorted out but which addresses their issues too. For example (and I'm sure that there's far better ideas!) someone from the dealer could drop you to work. It's not that convenient for you but you'll get to work and it'll cost the dealer very little.

just a quick update guys went and picked up my fabia today after having its maf sensor replaced drove down the road and it has done exactly the same as before so took it straight back to the dealership and they are basically a bit miffed as to what has gone wrong so they turnt round and said they needed the car till friday so i confronted them on the problem and asked whether they could contact skoda uk to sort out some transport so they they rung them up and basically they have hired a car for me from enterprise car hire.

has anyone got any ideas of what exactly is wrong with my car could it just be anothr dodgy sensor ???