dump valve

splodge

its been a while but ive been busy, just had a cat back stainless from camerons of york and a re-map from chipped uk fitted to my 2001 octy and its bloomin ace, the torque increase is so noticeable :D only trouble is the dump valve is failing and the dyno reading is now 212 bhp from 225. has anyone any experience of fitting dump valves?? apart from this the motor is always putting a huge smile on me chops:D the fuel econ is fine too, on a trip to chipped uk in bromsgrove from york and back it returned 37 mpg but i have also had a 29 mpg but what is more important mpg or smiles pg ? drive like a saint and it will return more than normal . would welcome advice on the dump valve fitting anyone :thumbup:

Dropped a Forge onto mine after it was remapped,:D (got it from awesome :thumbup: )

simple to fit yourself too.

Btw use the Yellow spring.

No. Not for a Remapped Octavia. Even Forge will recommened the Green spring.

No. Not for a Remapped Octavia. Even Forge will recommened the Green spring.

:confused: Strange, When I checked with Jabba they definately recommended the yellow one.:confused:

:confused: Strange, When I checked with Jabba they definately recommended the yellow one.:confused:

So did AMD before their demise.......M8`s at APS reccomend OE bosch one from an evo 8 fitted coldside.....:confused: Stick with the yellow one myself

Phil:cool:

PM Forge. ;)

I did after probs with mine.......they sent me service kit with new Yellow spring after telling them the mods i had done......Works fine:D

Not saying its right but works for me

Valve Spring color coding

Green - 5-15 PSI

Yellow - 15-23 PSI

Blue - 23-30 PSI

Red - 30 + PSI

Phil

Correction,:o :O done some back checking, Snoopie is as usual correct,:D use standard spring NOT the yellow one.

This is a prime example of why you should not drink & write.

Thanks Snoopie, & glad to see you're keeping an eye out for us all.