octavia vrs

has anybody had this problem it has happend to me twice come to my car turned ignition on and started it and all the lights on the dash have come on e.g power steering,abs,traction control, and engine managment and the clock has reset please let me know if this has happend to you

I had a similar problem with a SEAT Ibiza a couple of years back, not an Octavia I know but they are related.

It happened to me a few times and then one morning the battery was completely dead.

It turned out to be the power steering, which was drawing 70Amps from the battery for some reason. The car kept shutting systems down (clock,dials etc) to keep the steering happy.

The steering unit was changed under warranty and all was well.

Don't know whether yours has a similar problem, but I'd get it booked in and checked out soon.

Cheers

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
has anybody had this problem it has happend to me twice come to my car turned ignition on and started it and all the lights on the dash have come on e.g power steering,abs,traction control, and engine managment and the clock has reset please let me know if this has happend to you

got car booked in tommorow i am now on the fifth time the lights are as followed tpm,power steering and esp all in yellow as well as the computer and time resetting has any body had this problem or a similar problem