Rattle at 1500rpm ......

argh! this has just happened on mine today! ive been messing about with it all day. what i did notice is that it doesnt seem to do it when the bonnets up. had my mum in the car holding it at 1500 and it wasnt there. as soon as the bonnet went down there it was. now ive already done the fix for the little orange clip etc so its def not that but its starting to drive me up the wall and its only been 1 day! if i cant find it ill take it to the dealers and see if they can tell me what it is but i think ill take the glovebox out tomorrow and see if that helps in sourcing it:(

unfortunately not mate :( i did this one already and it does work but this one seems like something else. its not raining today so im going to go outside in a mo and take the glovebox out. if i find anything ill let you know

got it. it was the air intake pipe! try putting gaffer or electricians tape on so its a nice tight fit at the front and where it joins the airbox and that should sort it. just had drive for a good hour and it hasnt done it once:thumbup:

• 6 months later...
got it. it was the air intake pipe! try putting gaffer or electricians tape on so its a nice tight fit at the front and where it joins the airbox and that should sort it. just had drive for a good hour and it hasnt done it once:thumbup:

Any chance of pictures for this one? I am wanting to look at this tonight as it's back!

hey mate, sorry these are the best pics i could get. theyre not of my engine but im stuck in work :( if you ignore the red squares the rest should hopefully be some help. let me know if not and ill try and take some pics after work. hope it sorts it for you pal :thumbup:

24573.attach

hey mate, sorry these are the best pics i could get. theyre not of my engine but im stuck in work :( if you ignore the red squares the rest should hopefully be some help. let me know if not and ill try and take some pics after work. hope it sorts it for you pal :thumbup:

Thats great. will try and sort when it's dry out.

Just so I am sure this is the same thing, as mine looks and feels a snug rattle free fit, the buzz/rattle sound came from behind the glovebox and was exactly at 1500rpm slowing down in gear.i.e rolling in traffic or upto lights etc?

again hanks for all the help

• 6 months later...

I've a really annoying rattle as well, I had a friend listen with the bonnet up while I revved and released (noise comes on decelleration) and he swears it's from the mass flow housing, opened it up and nothing instantly obvious but he's adamant it's from there.