Rattle at 1500rpm ......

Hi,

I have a rattle from the passenger side of the car when the revs are at 1500rpm to about 1900rpm. this can be at a stationary position or driving in any gear from 1-4.

It sounds like the "secret compartment" lid is rattling in the glovebox but it's not, but from that area. I though it may be the glovebox but it's not that as I can hold it hold and it still makes th noise.

to be honest It sounds like it coming from behind the glovebox but obviosuly can't get to it.

any ideas? before I take to the dealer?

Not sure what mods you have on your car, but some people had issues with their air box housing rubbing/banging on the strut brace. Worth popping the bonnet and getting someone to rev the car and see if anything is obviously rattling under there.

Has this just started happening, or has something changed recently?

Chris

Not sure what mods you have on your car, but some people had issues with their air box housing rubbing/banging on the strut brace. Worth popping the bonnet and getting someone to rev the car and see if anything is obviously rattling under there.

Has this just started happening, or has something changed recently?

Chris

It's as standard as the day it was born.(unlike your "standard" car chris ;) )

just started happening and I havn't changed a thing

I accidently thanked you for that (take that as a sarcastic thanks)

I will take a look but I didn't think there was a slider on the passenger sun visor.

Yep, mine rattles like a snake in the desert!

If you remove the ashtray at the rear of the centre console, there are 2 little torx screws. Loosen these up, move the console to the right and retighten. Because the drivers seatbelt is always used its best to move the console as close to the right as you can get it.

This rattle bugged me for ages, couldn't work out where it was coming from - but did this and it was cured!

Worth a shot for 5 mins of fiddling. :)

Is it the buckle on the passenger seat belt tapping against the centre console?

it's definitly not this. I had someone in the car last night and they said it's coming from around the glovebox area. Although maybe the sounds is somewhat "throwing itself" just to put us off the scent. I will try the few things you have advised at thwe weekend.

Where is the sun glasses holder on the passenger visor? had a look but couldn't find it

mine does the same!!...it sounds like there is something in the glove box rattling around but i cant find anything loose or moving around!!.....i just turn the stereo up!!

k:)

Could it be your EGR Valve gasket? If so then it's a EuroV design feature.

(Sorry, just been through the stutter saga with my dealer, although they were great.)

Seriously, my nearside rattle on my last vRS was the speaker grille, but never got fixed. Sometimes these noises can 'throw their voice'.

Good luck.

Andy.

Just found this on another post (Limited Edition vRS)

Originally Posted by Wet Kipper :

It's already developed an annoying rattle !

They've just called to say it was a loose Stabiliser Bar, behind the glovebox, so hopefully I will be rattle-free now (until the next one turns up)

Worth looking into maybe?

Andy.

Just found this on another post (Limited Edition vRS)

Originally Posted by Wet Kipper :

It's already developed an annoying rattle !

They've just called to say it was a loose Stabiliser Bar, behind the glovebox, so hopefully I will be rattle-free now (until the next one turns up)

Worth looking into maybe?

Andy.

thanks for this. ithink it could be this. Checked sun visor buts its not that,also fixed seat creak. raised seat one notch.

• 4 weeks later...