Weitec........from what i have seen they look good ones. the only problem i have with them is they are not SS bodys so in a few years altering the ride hieght will be very diffecult because they might corrode on the threads.

The weitecs are made by Kw but i would go for Kw as they are SS and top quality.

____

john

Personally id go for Wietec.. simply because they are new, and made by KW..

Id always be a bit cautious of second-hand suspension.. ive heard alot of horror stories about blown dampers on KW's after less than 6 months on a car

You should make sure you can check the data-sheet for the axle weights on the vmaxx stuff.. one thing thats put me off coilovers is that they dont do a set specifically for the vRS, which has 960kg over the front wheels.. i know some kits springs are only rated to 900kg (seat ibiza TDi sport and furby tdi100)

For the vRS you need more competent springs at the front due to the engine. Just having it for another model is not the right way to go (unless it's a similar diesel engined car, in which case it should be OK) - If you can find some for a PD130 TDI Seat Ibiza, then you're on to a winner, even if it doesn't mention the vRS

Think i need to call big boys toys for a chat. Feed back from all sources seems to be V maxx are good but ride is stiff, and can suffer from rusting so hard to adjust in the future.

I may have to fork out the extra and purchase the WEITEC / HICON GT COILOVER KITS but even these rust??? cant stretch any further...what to do what to do!

goin for vmaxx, i called big boys toys for their professional opinion. They said v maxx are flying off the shelf due to the low price and look to be top notch quality as well. No brainer. Will report on ride quality once fitted in approx 3 weeks.

I'd go for the Weitecs, once you've set the height to what you want and are happy with it then just make sure you use plenty of grease/wax on the threads and you'll be ok. Think I read somewhere that the Weitec threads are galvanized anyway so rust won't be a big issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed V-Max before, no problems at all. I used Copper Slip on the threads, a trick I've been using on my ali Fox Coilovers with steel collars for years now - and they spend most of their life in the mud and still no seizure!

The V-max quality seemed spot on for the money.