Increase in noise

Hi, just purchased a new set of Ferodo tyres and the road noise is really noticable over the Conti's. It's now starting to bug me and as the tyres are as new should I return to ATS, and ask for an upgarde and pay the difference for a pair of Conti's which were fine.

Is this something I could do as I have no experience of doing this sort of thing and wondered if anybody else has had a similar experience?. The noise get's louder at 45-50mph on a smooth road and sounds like a warbling sound. At first I thought the tyres had not been balanced, it gives that sort of impression but the wheel has no vibration or anything. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they won't take tyres back as they're now "used". I also wouldn't pay for the Conti's as they're possibly the worst tyres I've ever used! :rofl:

Reasons for the noise may be the tread pattern or the tyre compound and it may reduce as the tyres are scrubbed in (usually 500-1000 miles). Might be worth seeing what other people think of the tyres by reading a few reviews on them. If none of them mention the noise then it might be worth going back to ATS and seeing what they say....

Chris

I'm pretty sure they won't take tyres back as they're now "used". I also wouldn't pay for the Conti's as they're possibly the worst tyres I've ever used! :rofl:

Reasons for the noise may be the tread pattern or the tyre compound and it may reduce as the tyres are scrubbed in (usually 500-1000 miles). Might be worth seeing what other people think of the tyres by reading a few reviews on them. If none of them mention the noise then it might be worth going back to ATS and seeing what they say....

Chris

Thanks Chris. Serves me right buying cheaper tyres. I'll see how they go.

Do you mean Federal tyres?

I fitted a pair of Federal SS595 tyres on the front approx 3 months ago- picked them up dirt cheap.

Not a bad tyre- especially for the price- good grip, wearing well and look nice :cool: but VERY noisy and its not the usual tyre/ road noise.

For this reason I wont be fitting them again. Generally you get what you pay for...

Do you mean Federal tyres?

I fitted a pair of Federal SS595 tyres on the front approx 3 months ago- picked them up dirt cheap.

Not a bad tyre- especially for the price- good grip, wearing well and look nice :cool: but VERY noisy and its not the usual tyre/ road noise.

For this reason I wont be fitting them again. Generally you get what you pay for...

Bang on Robby. Getting old and all that. Have they become more quite with wear or are they still "turn the bloddy stereo up" noisy?.

Cheers.

I'm afraid not! They reached a peak after bedding it at around 500 miles and it has been constant since. However,I have just done 2500 miles around Europe in my Furby taking in several Alpine passes and they performed admirably. I found that the European roads were also surfaced better than over here so they werent 'quite' as noisey over there.

Best fit some bigger speakers!