universal intercooler

hi guys, after the remap came summer as now its not to keen on the hot weather and going fast, so im going to have a custom intercooler made up.

could someone tell me if they have had one done, not a forge/jabba one?

and does anyone know the sizes etc of the silicone and aluminium tubbing used on the forge one?

cheers

ben

IIRC custom intercoolers are cheaper as on ebay etc but the tubing and hoses required are a lot of money. E-mail/PM Forge on here to see what they can you. You might be surprised.

I cant speak for the Jabba or Allard ones here other than that I think they are probably good products in their own right, but I've had the Forge FMIC since there was a GB here on Briskoda.net a long time ago. It has been totally reliable, and effective, and is a quality product. Pretty easy to fit, and highly recommended.

Even better if the guys can help you with a bit of a discount ;)

are they all FMIC? i believe the current stock is on the side?

Allard, Forge and Jabba do FMIC's for the Fabia. Stock one is a bit bigger than an A4 piece of paper with hardly any airflow to it :rofl: It's located just in front of the drivers side front wheel

Ahh i've only just started looking at these so I wasn't aware that there was more to it then just mounting it and fitting the pipes, thinking about it makes sense that there would be sensors attached.

Can the intercooler be mounted behind the standard bumper?