225's opn the front and 205's on the back ok?

RichB86

so who do you guys reccomend for tyres? as my usual tyre fitter cant get Toyo T1R's or Eagle F1s only sport contacts at £90each. Im near oxford so any good fitters or cheap online places other than black circles?

£90 for sport contacts is shocking... :eek:

*edit* I mean by comparison to Toyo T1-R or Goodyear F1's for £75ish :)

Cheap Tyres Discount Tyres & Japanese Import Car Parts Spares Tuning Performance ::

Tyres at mytyres.co.uk: car tyres, 4x4 tyres and van tyres at low prices

• 6 months later...
I kind of agree bud, I don't understand that theory too, but I'd stick the new 225's on the rear and scrub your old 205's down on the front

I disagree... We are not the Germans... :) On FWD (or front heavy 4x4) cars you put the wider wheels up front! It may look **** though... But that's how the trackday boys or racers would do it. For example: MTM made special wings for wider front wheels on the Audi S2, just to reduce understeer... There are also Gallardo's fitted with wider front wings to accomodate wider front wheels (still not as wide as the rear, but this car is heavy mid/rear balanced...)...