New (ish!) Octy vRS Mk2

shugz

Hi folks,

Just back from Darlington (MSB) with my new (well, new to me) Race Blue Octy vRS and first impressions are so far great. Apart from the slight issue of the tyre sensor warning light on the dash coming on halfway home (checked the tyres and they are OK so presuming it's a sensor fault). Anyway, it feels a bit more refined than my MK1 vRS (which had a bit of trickery done to it) and the power/ engine is very smooth. It almost feels like it's asking you to give it more power! lol

Anyway, MSB were fine with me and would recommend anyone considering a purchase give them a shout. I mentioned I was Hugh from the Briskoda forum so they might remember if you get in touch with them.

cheers

Hugh

I think that you hold the switch in for 3 seconds and it resets or somthing similar.

It works by monitoring the ABS sensors for wheel speed and detects when the circumference of the wheel has reduced (since the relative speed of the wheel will change) and flags you a warning. There is no sensor inside the tyre or anything like that.

They talk about it in the manual as to how to perform the reset.

Hope this helps.

I think that you hold the switch in for 3 seconds and it resets or somthing similar.

It works by monitoring the ABS sensors for wheel speed and detects when the circumference of the wheel has reduced (since the relative speed of the wheel will change) and flags you a warning. There is no sensor inside the tyre or anything like that.

They talk about it in the manual as to how to perform the reset.

Hope this helps.

Couldn't have put it better myself although it can be summed up with - RTFM :rofl: :P :thumbup:

Yes, Stu panic over. Once I checked the tyre pressures and they were OK I kinda thought it was sensor related. My fault for not reading the manual when I got home yesterday but I had a little 6 month old lady to keep happy when I arrived at home too (excuses, excuses!).

My old MK1 vRS didn't seem to be so advanced either compared with some of the features this one has so apologies for the annoying questions. I got the manual out last night and actually got 5 mins to read it when I found the reset procedure.

Cheers for now,

Hugh