Re-occuring fault

primey

Folks,

Over the last couple of months, my engine management light keeps popping on and staying on. My car is an Octy vRS and I've had the AA out a couple of times who cleared that fault. The 3rd time it happened, I had it back to the dealers who say the "cleaned" out a few things and sent me on my way.

Well, tonight, the damn thing has come on again and its getting annoying now.

When it did happen the 1st time, the nice AA chappie told me the error code (which I have forgot) but it was to do with fuel control. I can remember the description gave as something like "Bank B running rich".

The cars performance is *NOT* affected in anyway, so I was wondering if anyone knows what the exact problem maybe, or is there anything I can do myself to keep getting rid of the fault. (Personally, I do not have any self diag tools for the car). I dont want to be fobbed off by the dealer with some more "cleaning" plus its a 40 mile round trip everytime something trivial like this happens.

Any help would be much appreciated

cheers

A reference to Bank B and an instance of the MIL light on seems to suggest to me a fault with a Camshaft positioning Sensor as these are found on both camshafts (Bank A and Bank B) Or if the AA man mentioned fuel control it may have been and Oxygen Sensor fault.