Fabia 1.4 MPI engine troubles

dragman

Hi from Slovenia.

Fabia 1.4 MPI(50kW) 8V engine, produced 2001.

Sometimes when the engine is cold after a start goes to app. 1800pm and then within a second or two goes down to app. 1400rpm an then to 850-900rpm as it is usual for idle rpm.

Engine irritates when idling and during the driving with constant speed. Irritation feels like the motor would be choking at some point of turn. It also has a lot of problems start driving uphill in 1st gear or in reverse. Acceleration goes fine, there is no irritations.

Could be the reason spark-plug or something else? I would also like to know where I can find a valve which takes care for engine idle?

Thanks

Yes it does! I noticed this week when I went on highway where I have been driving 130km/h max at constant speed and temperature gauge looked like it is stucked on the left(cold engine) until I start driving uphill when it has moved on center and stayed there.

Thanx for a link:thumbup:. I'll swap-it together with a thermostat.

Can you tell me where can I find a valve which takes care for engine idle? I looked up all over the engine and I couldn't find it. I only know ford engines so I don't have any clue how idle valve looks at Skoda and where is mounted.

Can you tell me where can I find a valve which takes care for engine idle? I looked up all over the engine and I couldn't find it. I only know ford engines so I don't have any clue how idle valve looks at Skoda and where is mounted.

A 'lumpy' idle can also be due to the throttle body needing resetting. Rumour has it, you can switch the ignition on two clicks, but not starting the engine (i.e. so all the lights come on on the dash) and leave it for a minute, which will put the throttle body back to factory settings. Otherwise, it's an easy job for someone with VAG-COM... :)

Hi from Slovenia.

Fabia 1.4 MPI(50kW) 8V engine, produced 2001.

Sometimes when the engine is cold after a start goes to app. 1800pm and then within a second or two goes down to app. 1400rpm an then to 850-900rpm as it is usual for idle rpm.

Engine irritates when idling and during the driving with constant speed. Irritation feels like the motor would be choking at some point of turn. It also has a lot of problems start driving uphill in 1st gear or in reverse. Acceleration goes fine, there is no irritations.

Could be the reason spark-plug or something else? I would also like to know where I can find a valve which takes care for engine idle?

Thanks

Try cleaning your throttle body with some air intake cleaner first.

Yes it does! I noticed this week when I went on highway where I have been driving 130km/h max at constant speed and temperature gauge looked like it is stucked on the left(cold engine) until I start driving uphill when it has moved on center and stayed there.

Thanx for a link:thumbup:. I'll swap-it together with a thermostat.

If you buy a thermostat assy it comes with a temp sender in it pal. 047121111S for the 8v Labia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Does the temperature gauge on the dash sometimes stop working? If so, it sounds like your coolant temperature sensor is playing up. It's a quick and easy fix, although you may want to swap-out the thermostat at the same time (see later in the thread).

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

can you please help, my engine coolant light keeps flashing on the dashboard, coolant level is on min but when top up to mas it comes back to min level.