Vw

Can you take a Skoda to a VW dealer for warranty work?

Cos Skoda dealers seem clueless and unwilling to fix my stretched Passat.

I don't know the answer mate but I would have said no....

Going on previous experience I haven't been to a dealer since my dealings with VW and now I only go to VW or Skoda for parts if I can't get them from GSF......

It all depends on the dealer. We have to send our peugeot's to maidstone (20/30 miles away) to get the warranty work done as the local citroen deealer wont do it.

Its down to dealer choice and whether they're registered with the manufacturer as a warranty repair centre

I doubt whether the corporate face of VAG could contemplate Skoda warranty work being done by a VW agent. The paperwork would probably be too much for them.

Skoda dealers keep no bits for the Superb (not surprising) but I was able to get a missing undertray plastic screw (thanks, Rainworth) from my local VW dealer without any problems - albeit at a price of about £2!

As has been said, for routine items GSF is the place to go.

rotodiesel.

Skoda dealers keep no bits for the Superb (not surprising) but I was able to get a missing undertray plastic screw (thanks, Rainworth) from my local VW dealer without any problems - albeit at a price of about £2!

As has been said, for routine items GSF is the place to go.

rotodiesel.

My current Skoda Parts source is Autohaus VW in Northampton while as stated all my 'routine items' are purchased from GSF in Leamington Spa.....

Thx ppl, I know yesterday I was a bit condeming of the car, but in all honesty it's not the car I'm annoyed with, it's the blatant dodge the issue attitude of the back up side of things, this isn't any good to me and the fact I have to travel 10 miles to the dealer and pay for courtesy cars are all stacking up to me regretting buying this car, never had even the poorest of Vx dealer treat me like this before.

The one thing that I think they forget is that this fault was there at the time I bought the car, but on test drive I was taken down what can only be described as very smooth roads, and as I cab the car, what can I tell the curious punter about it now? "yeah gr8 car mate but don't expect to find a bloke who can fix it" I really wanted this car to be all I'd heard about it, but that just isn't the case, I think I might try some new shocks incase one is seized and causing it, even though the dealer says they are ok, but I hear the rears creak when I get in it 1st time of the day, dealer says thats the brake pads doing it?