Octavia vRS or SEAT Toledo V5???

sdds_8

I'm having a tough time deciding what to go for. I've got a budget of up to around £3500 (maybe £3800) and it seems I could get either one of these cars of around 2001 with 80-90k on the clock.

The Toledo V5 170bhp seems to be very well equiped for the cash and has slightly more features than the vRS. Slightly cheaper to buy second hand than the vRS

The vRS has a totally different 1.8T engine and is a little quicker. Slightly more practical as its a hatchback and slightly better fuel consumption figures. More potential for tuning but I don't think I'd be doing that anyway.

Both seem to get good, very similar reviews.

I must admit I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the two. I havent driven either yet (not many around where I live). It also doesnt seem to be easy to find high mileage vRS models for that price although I have seen a few.

Anyone got any opinions on the two?

hi buddy, i love the vrs for all the pros you just said about the car, good points are you my just want to tune it later when you get used to the power, fuel consuption very good in my opion 41mpg i got going to surrey last weekend. go for the vrs