No Power 90 tdi

Hi everyone havn't been on for a while, anyhow.

Octavia 1.9 tdi 90bhp, runs as if there's no turbo, lost power over the day, the car is a taxi base car, it's on a 53 plate and done 160000 miles, it had a new turbo fitted in July this year.

I am wondering if it is the airflow meter, i've tryed one from another car that i know works (110 tdi) but it made no difference, is this because the ecu needs resetting to the new airflow meter and the fault clearing, there are no flshing codes displayed on the dash, it's as if it is running in limp mode.

If you take off the intercooler pipe from the egr valve you can feel the turbo blow through at a fair rate, but there is no load when free reving this is why i thought maybe airflow.

Any ideas would be most appreciated

Keith:confused:

I'd think your right suspecting the MAF, had mine done under warranty at main dealer, not sure if they had to reset the ECU or fault memory though.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia/my-mass-air-flow-meter-missing-s/91030/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/technical-guides/guide-how-clean-your-maf-sensor/50058/?highlight=maf

do these links help?

cheers ... darren

Diagnostic shows that the Fuel Pump Injection Timing Valve is at fault.

Does anyone know if this is a bolt off and on repair

I would get your cam belt checked A.S.A.P. in case it has slipped a tooth before it does any proper damage.

The car lost power over the day, the driver said it was flat as if no turbo but there was a whirring noise coming from the belts, was concerned there may be a tensioner failer on the way so took to cam belt specalist.

It was stripped down and you could see marks on the rollers and tensioner as if some slipping had occured, i was then informed by the driver that occasionally when starting from cold the engine would judder violently and not start then on the second attempt would be ok.

The elongated bolt holes on the pump where against their stops to the right

Everything was stripped down, the tensioner if you shook it rattled as if the bearing was falling to bits :Yikes:

Complete new kit was fitted and re-timed. Still flat :thumbdwn: but at least safe.:thumbup:

Diagnostic showed Injection Pump Timing Solenoid Valve which we think was damaged due to the belt slipping slightley, anyhow valve is on order from skoda and was wondering if they are easy to fit, will post the results.

Thanks Keith.