1.9 TDI engine swap????

Minillew

Hey all, Been thinking about this for a while now so decided to find out abit more about it??

Basically how hard will it be to change my 1.4 8v to a 1.9 TDI engine, what will I need, who could do it and the rough costs etc etc....????

Any help would be much appreciated

Llew

It isnt a massive job to switch to that, but its everything else you need to do too like brakes and suspension etc. The way i've always looked at engine conversions is that if you can already buy a car with that engine in then it would be an unecomical excercise :(

Now if you wanted to put a 1.8T in ;)

lol, ye i understand that, but would the brakes be any difrent than what I already have???

I want a slighty tuned diesel engine, if its gonna cost the earth then i wont bother as I have spent loads on my car already, its just abit on the slow side and something is wrong with it as i'm using £30- £40 a week petrol and i dont drive that far. So diesel would make more sense.

I can't see how the £2k ish for a diesel conversion is worthwhile tbh.

As Andy says, if the car you want to create is already commercially available, then it really isn't worthwhile. ;)