Hi and some advice on a new vRS Please

Tenchy

Hi to you all.

Been thinking of getting a VRS over 3 years ago, but the Diesel version was not out when I last chose my company car. Need to renew my 2.2d Honda Accord exec tourer, which although a great reliable and reasonable car, does not excite me (except the opening tail gate...I'll miss that!)! I have been thinking of a few other cars, as well as the Octy vRS. Found this site whilst trawling the net regarding advice on cars. Blimey, What an informative and great set set of people you are. I know if i have any questions I can post here and get a sensible and honest response.

Looking at other cars the skoda offers the best value for me, has one of the biggest boots, which is a main criteria for me, and is a terrific car too. After a test drive last week, I have therefore decided to go for a an Octy vRS Estate in Diesel. But need some advice please. The company car policy may not let me have the "free options" (18" wheels, rear lecy windows, Jumbo box climate, etc) currently available on the vRS, so I may have to pay for my own extras.

Only option I will defo have at the moment is cruise control, as this has in the past saved me lots of speeding fines and as I have to pay for options from my own pocket, will go for a standard colour.

Here is me list of what i want ;

Colour - vRS Diesel Estate in either Red or...........Candy White - not seen a white one yet, any opinions on the white one?

Wheels - Are the 18" wheels worth getting, Eg better grip, stability, looks, and is there more road noise generated, do you feel a bump every time you go over a match stick? Or is it that are the 17" ones are ok, pretty much the same ride and it's just that the 18" look much better (which they do!)

Rear park sensors - worth it? never had these before, used to use the tow bar for a rear sensor!

Climate with Jumbo box? or standard A/C?

Heated seats? I have these on the Accord with the leather seats, but notice the vRS seats appear warmer!

Maxi dot ?

Your opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colour - vRS Diesel Estate in either Red or...........Candy White - not seen a white one yet, any opinions on the white one?

Wheels - Are the 18" wheels worth getting, Eg better grip, stability, looks, and is there more road noise generated, do you feel a bump every time you go over a match stick? Or is it that are the 17" ones are ok, pretty much the same ride and it's just that the 18" look much better (which they do!)

Rear park sensors - worth it? never had these before, used to use the tow bar for a rear sensor!

Heated seats? I have these on the Accord with the leather seats, but notice the vRS seats appear warmer!

Maxi dot ?

Thanks

White is good

Get the 18s if thy are free to you, if not the 17s are perfectly servicable

Rear sensors are worth it if you aren't the only driver ;)

Climate with jumbo - think it give you rear leccy windows too

Heated seats? Again, only if free

Get the maxi dot

Oh, and welcome :wavey:

Maxi dot ?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to Briskoda

1)Go for the white octy, I have never seen ne of these before but browsing through the skoda site and it looks quite nice.

2)I would stay with the 17's

3)Parking sensors I would take

4)Climate

5)Not sure about seats but would get heated if offered.

6)Maxidot

Davy

Thanks for your response TaviaRS and SkodaBoy.

Made a few calls to company car fleet manager and able to get the free upgrade! yipee!

so placed an order yesterday, for vRS TD Estate (or combi), in Race Blue, 18" alloys, dual climate/jumbo box, sunset glass, cruise, rear parking sensors and something that I was not considering at all, until your advice and a trawl throught the these forum pages...the Maxidot.

already ordered...now the long wait...

Thanks once again guys.