01309 error code Power Steering FABIA

smudge

I've got no power steering . Thanks for the help so far from everybody , changed the angle sensor. Got Vag com working ( EBAY version , interface must be plugged in for it to work, use a com port , so instructions a bit wrong) but I have 01309 Power Steering control module(j500) , 49-00 - N0 Communications which returns as soon as i clear it.

Angle sensor = no fault codes

I've found out from this forum that the pump has the ecu fitted within it ( please correct me if I'm wrong ) and can be acessed from behind the grill beside the passenger near side fog lamp.

Looking at the cables through the removed grill, Left hand side data coms bus , middle is main power and right hand side is the angle sensor.

So can any body help with these questions.

Can the ecu be seperated from the pump for inspection? :confused:

Is the large brown cable ground and where grounds onto the chassis?

Any idea where the com cable goes as maybe i could check the other side.

Any other ideas

Did have these cables unplugged and found a bit of dampness within them , maybe there is water in the ecu.

Thanks to everyone who's helped so far :thumbup:, but I need just a little more.

• 2 months later...

An update.

My fault is no power steering on start up with warning light , 99% of the time . 1% of start ups , no warning light . Power steering is fully functional.

I've already changed the angle sensor to no avail and now I've taken off the pump.

Has any body taken one of these apart as I'm convinced its corrosion inside across the PCB of the ECU (?) .why else would it work sometimes.

Can any body tell me what make this pump is ? So far I have a quote of £360 +VAt for a new one. Indentification based on my engine code.

Thanks

Smudge

21047.attach

21048.attach

21049.attach

• 1 month later...