Water collecting on door cill

DaveJB

I have a problem in that when we have heavy rain I get water collecting on the drivers side door cill which then builds up and can then run into the car.

Any ideas woule be helpfull.

If it's collecting on the plastic trim below the door (just INSIDE the seal, visible with the door open) then it's almost certainly caused by a leaking door membrane. The inside of the door is not water tight, so there's a sheet of polythene stuck to the body of the door, behind the door card... if this gets damaged, or comes away at any point. You get water dribbling down from behind the door card and eventually into the foot well.

The membrane's cost a couple of £'s, so it's not worth messing with the old one IMHO. To replace it you need to remove the door card, pull the old membrane off and clean around the edge of the door where it sticks, then carefully stick the new membrane on and replace the door card. It shouldn't take much more than 30 minutes or so.

Thanks for that I will take a look and see what hapens.

I am also getting a whistle from the drivers door top corner when I go over 60mph could this have anything to with it as well.

Hmm... It could be. It's probably worth checking the window seal and the main door seal in that case. In my (limited) experience, a window seal doesn't need to be far out of possition to make a noise at speed.