INSP light flashing

Got back to the car last night and switched on the ignition to find out the INSP light and wee spanner flashing at me, strange I thought the car is not due for a service till September.

Got all the documents I have found with the car and realised that the car was serviced in March 2007 (Service book not stamped, could be last owner forgot to take it or dealer never stamped it) and then serviced in September when I bought the car and it turns out after speaking to MikeSM56 that the service interval reminder had not been reset when it was serviced in March.

Tried to reset myself but did not work so car is going back to Skoda tomorrow to get this sorted and for the book to be stamped up.

Thanks for sharing that with us ;)

Presumably the service interval was reset last March, but not in September when it had its last service? If you have access to VAG-COM you should be able to reset it yourself, although I found following the steps in the handbook worked for me. Reading other people's experiences it seems that it's a bit hit and miss though! :D

Chris

Sorry ... but what are the steps in the handbook for resetting this ? I had the OIL light com on this morning at 29000 ish miles ... after having the service done about 3 weeks ago ... don't really want to take back to dealers if I can cancel this myslef !

Cheers

Here's the instructions that were in my handbook....

- hold trip reset button in

- turn igntion on still holding button

- let button go twist to right

- press button again till oil appears

- twist right again

- turn ignition off

- job done

Chris

• 3 months later...