vRS value?

Just wondering if anyone can advise me what my car may be worth? Thinking of selling to get an oldskool VW Caddy pickup of some description but unsure what my car may be worth...

54 reg Fabia vRS (facelift with newer rear lights as standard), Eibachs, Revo, Sachs paddle clutch, lightweight Porsche Design 90 alloys and adapters, Eagle F1 rubber, Jabba RARB, BMC CDA (still have standard airbox), PD160 intake, 22k miles, FSH, retrofit aero wipers, dension ipod adapter, infinity subwoofer, debadged grille (still have standard grille) all in excellent condition and loved like my own child. Can't think of anything else right now. :)

If anyone has an idea that'd be great. I love my Furby but an oldskool caddy really is where I wanna be, the oh-so-sexy caddies at UD last weekend confirmed it for me. :)

EDit, just remembered, it's got a Seat front splitter and I also have a 312mm brake kit not yet fitted...

Will do, not sure what she's worth tbh, it's difficult gauging it's value when everything else I'm comparing it to (on autotrader etc.) is standard... Just hoping someone has a better idea than myself to point me in the right direction really. :)

Hi,

There are two schools of thought on this...

1) Worth no more than standard.

Logic goes that not everyone wants a modified car, thus the size of the market that you can sell to is reduced. Reduced demand = reduced price. Another argument is that people that want to modify a car generally do so to personalise it, so like to take a standard car and transform it to their requirements.

2) Worth more than standard.

Logic could suggest that by modifying your car, you have made it unique - so the supply of modified cars is less than standard ones, lower supply = higher value. Buying a car that is modified already appeals to some as a) you often get great value as the parts will invariably cost less doing it this way than buying a car and buying the new parts yourself, and B) it is less hassle than having to shop around, book the car in etc etc

The good news is that by selling through a forum such as this one, you will doubtlessly come across people that are interested in modified cars, so you overcome much of the first argument above, and start looking more like the second one. If you advertised in Autotrader, I would say that the first comes into play more.

So.. what's it worth? First up, calculate a 'base' price for the car - to do this use the various tools around (there is a link in the for sale section of this site). I have priced my (standard) car using the Vauxhall trade-in price plus a bit more for it being an immaculate private sale.

Once you have this, I would tot up what the mods have cost you, then take off a fair chunk of that for depreciation etc. This should give you a price once all added together that is a bit more than standard, but still good value to anyone wanting to buy for the mods.

Once you've got that price, compare it to other standard and modified cars to see how it 'sits' in the market. If you think it looks about right, go for it...

Of course - this is all just my opinion!

Good luck :thumbup:

Stu

I think Stu is dead right. If you want the true value of the car to be relised - you need to sell it on a forum like this. People who want a modifed car need to know it has been modifed to a high standard and looked after to a high standard. The only place to really reflect this is on here.

On eBay whilst there are examples of high quality modified cars - there will always be examples of modified cars that have been abused and may blow up as soon as you part with your hard earned cash; and joe-public is aware of this. So if you where to eBay your motor you may get alot less then the Parkers\Autotraders guide price.

You could if your not after a quick sell, return your car to standard, or as near standard as possible and then sell the bits seperatly and then sell your car.

Cheers guys, as I'll be selling on here I better get paying for Freedom so I can advertise. Think I'll also put her on Pistonheads, finally followed by the dreaded bay of doom if no joy!

Thanks for your pointers both, I'll have a bit more of a look around then whack her on sale, if anyone is interested let me know. :)

Cheers,

Nick