1.9 diesel starting problem

1.9 diesel starting problem in my felicia, the problem goes as this,

car was low on fuel, stopped in petrol station, £20 of fuel in, would'nt start but strange thing was no glow plug light going on and off, still after some time not starting, rac put easy start and a booster pack and away it went no issue,

now went back out to it and no glow plug light coming on again, whats the thoughts???? all suggestions welcome! please need your help on this one ppl,

thanks darren

just tried the car when its cold and the glow plug light came straight on and started, i'm wondering if i is more a temp issue ie not starting when its hot, but i will try this out 2moro. could it be the coolant temp sensor aswell? i hear part number 6UO 919 501 B is the one to cure that.

Have you looked at other posts about this issue? I posted a couple under my logon name here, Mr Music. If you search under Mr Music you'll find the posts. You can change the sensor which will sort of cure the issue, but a good mechanic doing a good service was the answer for me. I also put in an additive every three months, and my 99 diesel now starts and runs very well indeed. I think the problem is the injectors getting gummed up and so not giving sufficient fuel to start. However, new injectors are extremely expensive, whereas the petrol sensor is about £6.00 if you search on eBay.

Do get back to me if you would like further information.

Best wishes,

Jeremy Doyle (Mr Music)