squeeky noises from front near side wheel

Hi all, I have a 2003 Fabia and I have just started to notice a squeeky rubbery noise occur from the front n/s wheel when I start and stop, and occasionaly over very light terrain. Is it something to do with suspension or bushes? It would be nice to have a better understanding before I go to the garage. Cheers - DT

O.K. Here`s my story.... I had noticed my 2001 Fabia 1.9 sdi making "clonking & squeaky" noises from all four corners when going over "normal bumpy roads"... but worse when going over road works.. As it has done 111,000 miles, I thought it might be shock absorbers.... took it to local National Tyres, who put it on the lift, took the front wheel off, and noticed there was a lot of wear (about quarter inch deep) where the anti roll bar had chafed against a major front wheel upright suspension block... First reaction was "that`ll cost me £300 at skoda", then he suggested a local garage to take it to for a second opinion.... did that, the "very nice man" there told me he had a similar job a week ago on a VW Golf, the anti roll bar had shifted to the right a bit thru the weakened rubbers, and suspected the similar setup on Skoda..... quoted about £80, with a proviso, that he contact Skoda to see if they had parts, and prices, and if any Mods had been made.... Lucky me.... Skoda have Modified the antiroll bar rubbers and need the mod Complete with new anti roll bar.... new total for job £188. including vat.... Was a little concerned after job done, although the "clonking noises " had gone, and steering seemed a little better control ,as I could still hear "rubbery squeaks" .... today it has rained..... NO SQUEAKS.. NO CLONKS...

Before it rained, I got myself a can of WD40, intending to give all the suspension rubbers a good squirt, to see if the squeaking noises disappeared..... rain did it, so will give a squirt, next dry period..... might save you £188 if you squirt first and ask questions at garage if still squeaking ! ! !..

see also Knocking Noise - Broken Anti Roll Bar

which is in the help stickies at top of page one....

Good Luck.... let me know results.....