Front bulbs problems

Hello...

My girlfriend told me today that she discovered a light failure problem on the car. When i checked I discovered that the xenon bulb and the parking bulb on the front right headlight is gone.

I think that is strange. Is it possible that both these bulbs stops at the same time? Or are they somewhat connected on the same cables?

How do I change the parking bulb?

The car is a 2004 Skoda Superb...

It is possible so the best thing to do would be to remove the front bumper to gain access to the headlamp and then remove the headlamp disconnecting the wiring harness and replace the bulbs with the bulbs from the other side lamp to check if it is the power to the lamp that's failed or the bulbs themselves?

And what comes to the removal of parking bulb, it's a bit tricky since there is not much room to play with even if you have the headlamp unit in your hands.

There is no clearly viewable plastics in the parking bulb socket which you could press on but it is kind of an plug-in unit where there is a slight shaving in the body on the connector and using nose-pliers with that part helped the lamp removal...it is rather tight fit so be careful & good luck with it :)

Having it done just recently and added a led-versions of parking bulbs there.

edit: added a picture of bulb location

20496.attach

And what comes to the removal of parking bulb, it's a bit tricky since there is not much room to play with even if you have the headlamp unit in your hands.

There is no clearly viewable plastics in the parking bulb socket which you could press on but it is kind of an plug-in unit where there is a slight shaving in the body on the connector and using nose-pliers with that part helped the lamp removal...it is rather tight fit so be careful & good luck with it :)

Having it done just recently and added a led-versions of parking bulbs there.

edit: added a picture of bulb location

I replaced the xenon bulb today, but the light is still not going on.

I discovered that the cover on the back of the headlight wasn't correctly on..

Is the controller unit then the problem? and is this part expensive?

I replaced the xenon bulb today, but the light is still not going on.

I discovered that the cover on the back of the headlight wasn't correctly on..

Is the controller unit then the problem? and is this part expensive?

The problem will either be the ballast which is the metal block screwed onto the bottom of the housing or it will be the burner, which is the metal black that connects to the back of the bulb...........

The problem will either be the ballast which is the metal block screwed onto the bottom of the housing or it will be the burner, which is the metal black that connects to the back of the bulb...........

Agree! And best practise is to swap the parts one by one from the working side to see which one fails..

Btw, the original Skoda ballast is incredibly thin construction..(compared to aftermarket ones).

Btw, the original Skoda ballast is incredibly thin construction..(compared to aftermarket ones).

Is that a bad thing? We manufacture the ballasts and they are thin for a reason.......

Is that a bad thing? We manufacture the ballasts and they are thin for a reason.......

No, not a bad thing at all..it just amazed me at first glance that how thin it was made to. I realize it is thin due to its placement but do you know any reason why aftermarket ones are so thick?

No, not a bad thing at all..it just amazed me at first glance that how thin it was made to. I realize it is thin due to its placement but do you know any reason why aftermarket ones are so thick?

Without being nasty.............'our' ballasts are of a newer generation than some 'retro-fit' aftermarket ballasts so they are a lot thinner and smaller to mount on the housings.......

You wouldn't believe how little space we have to design our lamps nowadays so all the technology has to get smaller in some way........