Under Bonnet Liner-Mat

JandB

I have a 2020 Fabia 3 SEL 1.0 litre (110bhp) estate and I'm purchasing various items to improve the sound insulation inside the car.

To my surprise there isn't a liner under the bonnet, just bare metal.  I believe previous models (1 and 2) had a liner.  There doesn't appear to be a liner for my car that Skoda sell.

Has anyone found one that does?

I've read somewhere that occasionally a part for a Golf or Seat will fit a Skoda, but it's not listed as available by a Skoda dealer.

I know I can (and will) put sound deadening pads under the bonnet anyway, but a proper liner will look better covering those.

Edited by JandB
More information

42 minutes ago, matthall94 said:

My 2017 mk3 has a liner so get one from an early mk3 model, the bonnet is the same shape. 

That is good news!

As an aside, is yours petrol or diesel?  It might be they are still fitted on a Fabia MK3 diesel but not petrol.

On 07/01/2021 at 11:44, matthall94 said:

My 2017 mk3 has a liner so get one from an early mk3 model, the bonnet is the same shape. 

My local dealer is adamant there is no liner listed for my car so he can't order one.

I told him about your 2017 Fabia having one but he said it won't fit.

Could you put up a pic of yours and if yours looks right, I'll risk purchasing one against the dealers advice?

6V0863831 what's a part number for bonnet sound proofing panel you want. Mine came without, so I bought it myself. Easy to put in and came with clips. Did not notice much difference in noise levels tho. I would say save the money.

13 hours ago, P@ul said:

6V0863831 what's a part number for bonnet sound proofing panel you want. Mine came without, so I bought it myself. Easy to put in and came with clips. Did not notice much difference in noise levels tho. I would say save the money.

Excellent thank you Paul.

What model and year is your Fabia?

I want the liner more to cover up all the Noico soundproofing pads I've put under the bonnet.  If the liner adds any extra sound absorption, then that'll be a bonus, but at the moment the under bonnet looks somewhat daft.

IMG_20210115_094941325.jpg

On 15/01/2021 at 09:52, JandB said:

What model and year is your Fabia?

Mine is 2016 estate with 1.2 petrol engine. Bonnet is the same as yours. Tell dealer you want that part. How much money they ask? I bought mine from Ebay few years back for something like £35 delivered.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/01/2021 at 17:04, P@ul said:

Mine is 2016 estate with 1.2 petrol engine. Bonnet is the same as yours. Tell dealer you want that part. How much money they ask? I bought mine from Ebay few years back for something like £35 delivered.

Ordered mine today from the local dealer using the part number you gave me. The price was £15 including the clips.

Thank you for your help!