Hi

Powell2.0

Hey everyone,

I'm Rob from the south of Lincolnshire, and am buying my dad's old 2003 2.0 Octavia in about 3 weeks (it's a semi 21st present). I know it's not the quickest engine but the price was right and I'm considering doing something with it if it doesn't bump up the insurance too much.

I think I'll probably put a decent set of alloys on it, maybe change the front and lower the suspension depending on cost. Has anyone modified a 2.0 in the past? Unfortunately the search thing won't bring anything up for "2.0" so i'm busy looking though everything.....

I'm guessing that any engine/front suspension mods will be engine specific so I look forward to picking some brains and sharing experiences while I'm here!

Cheers

Rob

P.S. Before I get round to finishing reading everything :rolleyes:, does anyone know of a company that sells modified parts for the 2.0? Jabba don't have the Octavia or the MkIV golf 2.0 from what I can see and I can't even find as much as an induction kit :(.

Thanks for the welcomes.

It's a petrol, I didn't know they made a mk1 2.0 diesel....? Anyway, it's the 8v which I believe is 115 bhp

That's alright. I know they do now, I was considering a diesel (although the mk1 PD130 opposed to the new one), but with diesel being 115ppl, the cost of them compared to the 2 grand for this and seeing the mpg after my dad's gone from bristol to loughborough to home at 42 mpg it doesn't seem worth it. It would be nice to have the extra 15bhp though, drove a mkIV gold GT 1.9TDi PD130 the other week down a runway and it was very nice.