New Tyres

Hi guys

Im looking at buying 4 new tyres for my car, a 1.4 MPi Classic, totally standard, driven 'normally', mainly used for going to work & back etc.

I have a budget of £150, and was wondering if anyone could suggest which I should go for?

They're 14" standard steels btw.

Cheers

Chaos

My wife's has Firestone F590 Fuel Savers all-round, which I think are OEM. You can still get them. A certain blue and yellow tyre fitting chain have an offer on P3000s, which may be a bit better then the Firestones and work out at £168 for four (although you can probably get them for less than that elsewhere!). Another option might be Kumho 758s. They're all standard radial tread, so will probably be much of a muchness in terms of quality and performance, so price may be the deciding factor. Budget tyres will be cheaper of course, but may not grip as well or last as long.

If you didn't already know, you're looking for 165 / 70 / 14s :thumbup:

Cheer for the info, I'm not after the cheapest tyres, just dont really have much more than £150 to spend.

I will look into my local garages and see what they have to offer

Oh and yeah I did know the tyre size thanks

A certain blue and yellow tyre fitting chain have an offer on P3000s, which may be a bit better then the Firestones and work out at £168 for four (although you can probably get them for less than that elsewhere!).

That sounds like a great offer, but that certain blue and yellow tyre fitting chain forget to mention that valve and balance is another £8.50 per tyre, and then £1.50 per tyre disposal charge, meaning for the P3000's it comes to £208!!

Oh and yeah I did know the tyre size thanks

D'you know what? I had a look at the tyres on my wife's MPi, and they're 185 / 60 / 14s, no the 70-profile ones suggested when I looked up the car! (Which is why I posted those details above... :o )

Funfly's said there are 60-profiles on his, but I'm now thinking my wife's has maybe got the wrong tyres on, which is why her speedo's nearly 10% out...???

185/60/14 are fitted to our fabia estate

Hmm... 60-profile it is, then? Considering SWMBO's current driving confidence crisis, it's probably better she's going slower than she thinks she is, TBH - regardless of why that actually is... :rolleyes:

Sounds like the estate comes on the wider but lower profile tyre then. Maybe due to spreading the extra load over a wider surface area?

A couple of online places have suggested the 165/70/14's for mine, and I had a wee look at a couple of others in my area and they had the same as mine on. Not looked at any estates though.