Fabia 1.4 16V Auto ENGINE BLOWN NEW ONE REQUIRED!!

:( Yes that's me!

Last night my 53,000 miles, main dealer serviced, fully topped up with oil 2001 Fabia let me down!

At 50mph what sounded like a ring failed, lots of noise and smoke ensued and it siezed very fast!

So, could any of you helpful people here point me in the direction of a bottom end or a full engine, or advise where i might start to look.

Also, is this job fraught with problems in terms of getting the engine out and clear of the gearbox?

if you are going to source an engine from ebay or a breakers yard, make sure it comes from a car with an automatic gearbox, they have a slightly different crankshaft.

2 cars which will have the same engine are; vw lupo 1.4 auto, vw golf mk4 1.4 auto.

in regards to removing the engine, remove the engine and gearbox in as one piece then seperate them after they are removed, it's nearly impossible to seperate them in the engine bay without damaging the torque converter

give skospares a bell cars dismantled by skospares.com for all your skospares he might have one

Many thanks for that information Teflon Tom,

I've had a look on the plastic, upper cambelt cover, the code there is: AUA, not AUB as i expected, does this signify the crankshaft difference to which you refer?

I've been trying the Skospares website all day, it just locks up Firefox!!!

Any other suggestions of sources would be greatly appreciated, i need to complete this chore quickly and sense sourcing a new uniot will be a pain!

Am i correct to think that the drive shafts are easily seperated from the gearbob by unbolting them at the flanges, also is this best done from above or below?

I'm going to have to take the front off the car aren't i?

Oh boy.......:weeping: