maxidot menu

Hi, i have changed the steering wheel and the steering unit. The problem appeared when installing again the original one ( due to skoda airbag does not fit in gti steering wheel and horn kept on sounding even without airbag). The only thing which does not work is the maxidot menu. I can only see board computer data, and pass trough the different values but when i press the wipper button nothing appears on maxidot. Vag-com does not report any error and code is the same it had before changing unit. Even if i use the navi, it appears on maxidot and if i press wipper button it returns to board computer, so i think it works. Can anyone help me, please? It doesn´t mind so much because i am changing airbag soon but it is a matter of curiosity.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English

Hi, thanks VRStu. Maybe i have not explained it correctly. I had to replace the new AG unit by the old one a BC because my skoda irbag did no fit the new Steering wheel, so i place the skoda steering wheel and BC unit. The Bc code is 42 (the one it had before changing it) and cruise control as well as wippers and so on works properly but i can enter maxidot menus to change time, and so one. With new MFSW all worked fine but airbag did not fit so i had to go back.

Thanks

The coding looks ok. 0000042 is for Cruise and Onboard Computer with Rear Wiper.

I would suggest that you remove and refit the steering controller making sure that all connections are made correctly. I have seen this before with an indicator stalk.

That is only what i think, because the pins on the board seem too weak and you have to be carefull when fitting them into de plastic cover so maybe any of them is disconnected or even broken.

Thanks

Hi, I have checked the steering unit, and every pin seems in good condition, even i have disconnected battery for 10 minutes and joined +/- pole in order to discharge residual tension and all is the same. With the MFSW i could enter maxidot menu without problem. The only thing i see is that i cannot enter adaptation in the steering unit ( i don´t know if i shoul) and in measure blocks (i think) the multifunction display appears as something like non opperative but i can see BC values and i can pass through them. Moreover i have changed time by entering module 17 because i cant do it other way.

Strange, isn´t it?

:confused:

• 5 months later...

mmfvk: Have you solved the problem ? I have the exact same problem.

Skoda dealer tried to install a MFSW but without any luck.

And installed the old steringwheel again, after that i can only change between milage, time, temp and so on.

When start a new route on the navi or the phone rings it comes up on the maxidot.

When i press the button on the wiper stalk the maxidot change immediately before it was when i released the button

Henrik

Edited by mrbrunodk

• 2 years later...

mmfvk: Have you solved the problem ? I have the exact same problem.

Skoda dealer tried to install a MFSW but without any luck.

And installed the old steringwheel again, after that i can only change between milage, time, temp and so on.

When start a new route on the navi or the phone rings it comes up on the maxidot.

When i press the button on the wiper stalk the maxidot change immediately before it was when i released the button

Henrik

Hi, sorry i know this post is very old but now i have time i would like to try to solve this problem. I have changed OEM navi because it broke, so i have now Stream radio again. It is the same, i cannot enter maxidot menus. Steering unit pins are ok...and i can only see telephone when receiving calls...but once finished talking, if i choose any menu into telephone, returs to board computer....I can pass through BC option but no convenience, audio, status and so on......

I have OEM non multifunction steering wheel. Trip control works fine and no error reported in module 17 nor Gateway, nor Sterring unit.

Some time has passed so may be any new idea could appear.

thanks in advane