Wales Beach Party 4/5/6 July 2008

grumpy

We are currently making plans for the Beach Party 2008 event.

More details will be made available nearer the time! You'd be daft to miss out on this one...

Click here to register For those that are not members an overview page will be available soon.

Looking at the weekend

Friday evening 4th / 5th /6th July

(I know its F1 weekend which is why I am looking for a nice pub that does lovely meals and will be showing the F1 on sceen :thumbup: )

I have found a lovely location for our Beach Party Weekend it is in Pembrokeshire just under 2 hours from M4 jct32 and just slightly over 100 miles.

I have found a Guesthouse that also does camping and has an onsite bar for the evenings..

They have 5 En-suite rooms for £30 a night, per person.

Camping is £4.75 a night, per person. Any extras you will have to pay extra tho.

Campsite details

There Campsite is graded four ticks by the British Graded Holiday Parks Association and facilities include, Toilets, Showers, Wash Areas, Bidet, Sinks, Plenty of hot water, Washing up area, Fridge Freezer, Washing Machine & Tumble Drier.

All cold taps, including the stand pipe on the edge of the field are drinking water.

There is a camper’s breakfast bar where you can get anything from jam on toast to full English (Welsh) breakfast, ideal for those who like their breakfast cooked for them at a reasonable price.

The Plan of Action

General idea is join us whenever you like, and leave whenever you like..

However we plan to drive there on the Friday evening set up camp and chillout for the evening.. with an evening meal.

Saturday well again up to you what you fancy doing you can join us on a scenic drive or do your own thing, there is plenty to offer in the area as well as some stunning roads to drive.. just see below..

Sunday drive back via the pretty route and depending on what date we go (and if we can find a suitable place) stop off a local pub to for a nice pub lunch and to watch the F1 .. before heading off home..

Whats on offer

Spectacular scenery, varied landscapes, excellent walking, (186 miles of coastline to walk) country parks and beaches all for free..

Loads of history, from Castle, Abbeys, the old Ironworks & Colliery not to mention the World War II RAF control tower all free.

Into your art and craft there is a candle making centre, a glass maker, pottery centre, the arts water mill, and guess what yes they are all free to visit.

Like your wildlife, there is tons of wildlife too, the Veteran for Horse Welfare and the Welsh Wildlife Centre both offer free entry.

But if that’s not good enough for you there is more, for a price…

Quad biking

4x4 Off Road driving

Go Karting

Toy car Raceway

Motor Museum

Helicopter flights

Microlight flights

Boat trips to the island

Wildlife boat trips

Fun speedboat trips

Martime Museum

Aquarium & Reptile World

Gun Tower Museum.. and so on

A few images of what to see & do

montage02.jpg

montage04.jpg

montage01.jpg

montage03.jpg

If we can get this sorted quickly I can see if we can get a group booking discount and early booking discount :wink:

If you would like to attend, need more detail or wish to know more about us click here

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Right folks this is only 4 weeks away and as Andy and I will be on holiday the week before so we really need to get this sorted please..

Accomodation

Those of you camping can turn up on the day and pay for your pitch. Those who wish to stay in a B&B as stated before should have already booked a place as this area is very popular, this time of year.. See Events page for further details click here

Boat trip

If you would like to join us on a boat trip please PM me asap so I can arrange a group booking & payment.

Boat trip company Click here

The boat has 12 seats and if we can get a group of 12 we will get a group discount..

Details

Ramsey Island Voyage - Runs every hour and is a 1 hour tour

Normal price £24 per person Child £12 under 4 £5

Group price £20

Two Hour Spectacular or Coastal Explorer - Book a time and is a 2 hour tour

Normal price £40 per person Children £20

Group price £35 per person

Evening trip - Runs at 6pm and is 1 hour 30 mins

Normal price £28 Children £17

Group price £25

Evening Pub Meal

We have found a lovely little country pub/restaurant just a few mins walk from the campsite. If you wish to join us for the evening meal and a few drinks in the evening then we will require a £5 deposit to secure a table (please PM me for payment details)

The Menu can be found on the Events page click here.

The Route

Covers 140 miles from the Campsite to Sarn Parc Services. We will be stopping off at some places of interest and take some photos along the way and will be covering some lovely driving roads and stunning views.

Sunday Lunch

We have booked a place along the way to stop off, have Sunday lunch and if you wish watch the F1 on the big sceen.

This pub will only do Sunday Roast dinners.

1 course meal - £6.95

2 course meal - £8.95

3 course meal - £10.95

So if you are having an evening meal please please make sure we receive your £5 deposit before the 21st June 2008 so we can secure your seat.

click here for contact details.

Thanks you

Only a couple of weeks away now :shock:

Just to give you a taste

Some of the places we will be visiting

fm02.jpg

And some of the roads we will be driving

fm01.jpg

Sundays drive is 140 miles from Base camp to M4 Sarn Services with a couple of photo/loo stops and a meal break/watch the F1 along the way.

I realise not everyone can or will want to do the whole journey and you are welcome to leave at any point on the journey all we ask is you just let us know so we dont think you are lost..

We have 4 stopping off points along the way which will cut the journey down should you wish to meet us along the way, they cover

Rough guide to stopping points

118 miles - Reservior stop, photo stop/ loo stop

77 miles - Pub meal stop / watch the F1

50 miles - Black Mountains, photo stop

20 miles - Rhondda Valley, photo stop

to M4 Sarn Services, fuel stop and goodbyes

Should you wish to join us at one of these points please contact me asap as I will be going aboard the week before on the 27th June and will be going straight to Prembrokeshire on my return so I might not pick up your message if it after that date.

Hope to see you there thank you :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Grumpy's PC is down so I thought I would post some pictures of the day using his screen name..

Well forecasts of heavy rain and high winds put more then a few people off however there are other nutters like me that refuse to let the weather stop the fun so after having a very wet drive down to Pembrokeshire and booking into our B&B for the night we headed off to the beach in Grumpy's car.

On the way we saw a lovely NHB CTR and just knew it had to be Jackster1 (aka Jackie & Dave) we said we were heading off to the beach and did they want to join us like mad fools they followed :lol:

Thankfully the rain stopped so we visited Little Haven and Broad Haven for a paddle. Then it was quick wash and get changed then off for the pub meal..

20080705_beach_52.jpg

20080705_beach_62.jpg

Jackie and Dave were told that the B&B was holding a party and to expect a little noise until the early hours, so after closing and kicking out time at the pub they were both looking forward to gate crashing a party only to find the light weights had all packed up and gone to bed :roll:

Sunday morning and the weather was looking promising..

20080705_beach_65.jpg

Grumpy was getting friendly with the local birds and before long had them eating out of his hand...

20080705_beach_66.jpg

The weather stay nice and we even had some sun. Yes sun!!

20080705_beach_67.jpg

20080705_beach_3.jpg

We stopped off at the Res and due to all the rain it was overflowing lovely which made for some stunning views

20080705_beach_9.jpg

20080705_beach_71.jpg

20080705_beach_13.jpg

20080705_beach_23.jpg

20080705_beach_24.jpg

Back on the road again next stop pub lunch and watch the F1

20080705_beach_27.jpg

20080705_beach_28.jpg

20080705_beach_30.jpg

20080705_beach_31.jpg

20080705_beach_82.jpg

The Castle which we all had a very good look around while waiting for the AA man to arrive after Grumpy locked his keys in the car :oops: :lol:

20080705_beach_41.jpg

20080705_beach_46.jpg

The rest of the photos can be views in the gallery

Thanks Lynda (Grumpys daughter)