Engine problems Yeti 1.2 TSI

thq

so after nine months of nothing, a fault that should be covered by the warranty makes it the most unreliable car you've had?

you should have had some of the sheds ive driven!! lol

I wouldn't worry about it, John. According to Abominable in the other thread about this there is no such thing as a good Yeti.

9 months? Try 1 month since it was last in for 2 warranty claims. I've lost count, but I think the car has now been in about 15 times. Bloody awful.

I've had sheds as well, not one of them, even the 16yr old Punto couldn't compare with this. For a new car, my Yeti has been dreadful. No contest.

Anyone know of a high cliff I can push it over?

Yawn.

Get some perspective into your vitriol.

Yes, you have had a problem with YOUR Yeti, but that does not make the whole range bad, as you are implying. There are plenty of us here with Yeti's that have now done over 50k miles with no problems, or very minor ones, so you cannot condem all because of one.

Graham. In his posts he is talking about his yeti, I think he's got every right to be unhappy and to be speaking to skoda UK

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed Dom, he is quite right to be upset about HIS Yeti, but in the other thread about this he has condemed all Yetis, and with some vitriol, which a lot of us can disprove.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Day shift tomorrow.

Good night.

Ok, so I need to start every post with MY Yeti and FROM MY PERSPECTIVE.

The truth is MY Yeti is superb it is: smooth to drive; economical; handles well; allows me to carry round loads of clobber like bikes, skis and church pews with ease; it is comfortable and sprightly to drive when the need arises and so on. The criticisms others have of their Yetis (jiggly ride, noise etc) I can live with with ease because the rest of the package is so superb.

But with MY Yeti, reliability is a real issue.

I defy anyone not to be as upset as I am given the problems that have plagued MY Yeti. Llanigraham, I trust you can change your perspective to see that if all the problems MY Yeti had suffered had been suffered by your Yeti you would be just as peeved.

In the meantime, I'm pleased to report MY Yeti is back on the road and running fine which, from my perspective right now, is a welcome thing.

I think you have to accept that this forum will be populated by a lot of Skoda fans and rightly so, but I can understand the posters point of view as in spite of loving the Yeti package I have put up with a drip feed of issues.

Some posters seem to object if you appear to make negative remarks but it should be accepted as a perfectly valid point of view. Is because of the brand image that Skoda owners are more defensive

and prickly about Skoda adverse comments???

With all cars I have owned I speak as I find...it may not be representative but thats my perogative

to comment upon them.

I fully accepted that Abominable had a problem with his Yeti, and I'm very sorry about that, and I'm sure I would have felt the same, but what I did not accept was the exaggerated claim that all Yeti's were therefore poor because of this, which is what was said in the other thread.

http://www.briskoda....liable-new-car/

What absolute nonsense!

If my Yeti is anything to go by there must have been some serious back-handers going on here. My Yeti is going in yet again next week for a warranty claim.

I have already driven 10% of my 41,000 in courtesy vehicles. This is a car that will be impossible to keep outwith warranty as the garage bill will be astronomical.

To date I've had:

The front doors coming loose.

Re-spray due to paint chipping along the sills

Nearside front headlight level motor failure

Re-spray of rear boot due to rust

ABS wiring harness failure

Front and rear badge 'worm' (hardly a big deal though)

Turbo failure

Mudflap fell off (not due to accident or bump)

Rattles and creaks all over the place

And it's going back in next week because now both headlight levelers are going up and down as if they are possessed by the devil.

Not to mention the string of dealer c*ck ups during servicing.

Who do they ask when they do these surveys!

My M-reg Fiat Punto run for 16 years with a fraction of these problems.

The Yeti is NOT reliable. Sorry.

My apologies if that isn't what you actually meant, but it certainly reads that way.

It reads like he has had a lot of problems with HIS Yeti and I understand his frustration.

As well as a lot of good comments there have also been reported a fair number of faults covering numerous areas of the car suggesting quality/reliability is not in the place it could be....just peruse the postings. Definately not the most reliable car I've come across and having management cars in the past have sampled a few.

Edited by kibby

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a 62 Plate Yeti 1.2 tsi Dsg, My car randomly flashes up dash lights causing the car to go into safe mode. It also stops without reason. It also has faulty sat nav, door trims breaking off, A dsg Box with a mind of its own ie it shifts from seventh to third the second you begin to go down hill causing the revs to go sky high it also then wont kick down going up hill i find myself having to use manual mode often to get it to behave this has resulted in average mpg of 21 ?? it has been to the dealer twice in april after breaking down and failing to start again each time they say its fixed and after a few days of getting it back it starts failing again. There reasoning is and i quote we cant actually find anything wrong with it so we cant fix it WTF ?????? so they claim they have re set the software each time, I have complained to skoda uk to very little avail !! any advice people as im sure this is not normal skoda service. I bought the car because of all the great reviews and alleged great customer service.

Sadly, and in MY EXPERIENCE, this is normal Skoda service. Very poor.

I had to escalate all my issues to Skoda HQ before getting proper resultions to my trail of problems. I suggest you do the same.

Good luck getting it sorted, underneath all the reliability and Skoda service problems is a good car, honest!

My Yeti is the least reliable skoda I've ever had, it had a leaky sunroof and the air con developed a squeak. The sunroof was fixed immediately and the interior removed and replaced in 3 days. The aircon was replaced same day. I've had nothing but excellent service since I bought my first skoda in 1989.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...

MY Yeti broken down again.

You will not believe what the dealer has done this time....will post pics tomorrow.

This will be my 25th return visit to a Skoda dealership for a non-routine service visit.

Suffice to say, it's time to call my lawyers.

Sounds like you have a lemon. SWMBO had a rogue fiesta years ago and in the end they bought it back off us. They then stuck it in the auctions which if you're lucky you might get a similar result. Though it doesn't help your case this doesn't look to be typical but as others are having problems too is probanly why its lost its which 5* rating.

So, not having had a particularly good run of luck with MY Yeti (understatement of the year...this year alone it's had a warranty on it's HT lead 3 and both front wheel bearings) and with an impending trip to France looming I decided to fit new HT leads 1, 2 and 4 which have the better heat shielding. When the car came back from the garage it run fine...until, the same old, it broke down. Started shuddering and misfiring. A look under the bonnet revealed this....

sm3xol.jpg

Note the lack of correct lead clips (original clips too small for new leads)

2dp7yb.jpg

Note the proximity of the leads, esp lead 2, to the manifold

2cdannq.jpg

As you can see the lead has melted onto the manifold. It is not unrealistic to think that it could have gone on fire, all for the sake of some tiny lead clips. This can only be described as totally appaling mechanicing. In isolation, I would not be too bothered by this, but after 25 return visits to dealers for non-routine servicing this is disgraceful. But it doesn't end there, then I discovered something even worse....have a look at this forum entry:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/253527-skoda-yeti-officially-the-uk%E2%80%99s-most-reliable-new-car/page-2

truly shocking. You really are well within your rights to have a real good go at both the dealers and Skoda UK over this. I'd be reporting the latest episode to trading standards too frankly.

So this one is not a Yeti problem but a dealer service dept problem.  Really dreadful what a mess - sorry you are having so many issues.

Arnold Clark Inverness are technically my 'local' dealer but I didn't buy from them and they will not be touching my car with a barge pole if I can help it.

I'd have rejected that car long ago. They wouldn't know what hit them if it was me..time for you to really create merry hell for the dealership I think.

Skoda could also have done more to help you I'm sure.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction finally.

• Like 1

And I would make make sure Skoda UK has a link to this thread, highlighting that it has been viewed almost 34,000 times. There are a lot of potential buyers following this story and monitoring SUK's handling of the debacle.  Let's hope they do the right thing.  Good luck.

@MarieK:

Sorry to hear you've had probs with Arnold Clark too. I hear this over and over. My job means I visit rural home-owners and big estates in the Highlands and I'm always asked about the Yeti.

I tell them straight about my experiences, but ultimately I don't disuade them from a Yeti (as this forum shows, most people have a good experience and even dispite all the problems I have had, I am still very fond of the car when it works), however, I urge people never to go to Arnold Clark and it's not uncommon to hear people, like yourself, saying that they'd never use them in a million years.

So, at least it's not just me and you they're ****ing off! I've heard some true horror stories about them. What happened to you?

...and for those of you who don't have a particularly good geography of Scotland, the next nearest dealer for Marie (and I) adds around 5 to 6hrs and about 200 to 300 miles of driving.

That we will do this is telling of how much mistrust we have of Arnold Clark. I only went there for the last three visits because the car couldn't be driven in the state it was in.

By the way, I haven't on these forums documented all of the issues I've had with my Yeti & Arnold Clark, but some of them would render you speechless. The incompetance has been staggering, but I'm aware that all I've done on Briskoda is moan, so I'll spare you all the bother!

• Like 1