winscreen wipers not working (intermittent)

graemes75

The wipers on my 2006 plate furby are only working on setting 2 and 3 . All the washers are working normally and once before ive had to open and shut bonnet to get them to work. Ive tried fuses 15, 21 , 41 to no avail. Is it the bonnet open sensor ? They worked once after I had another look tonight but nothing after the inital wipe. Ive also noticed the amber lights arent flashing when I lock the car with the remote central lockin. Could these be related ? Any ideas ?

There's an integrated switch in the bonnet latch!

That's your issue!

So is it just a case of buying a new one ? does the whole lot come as one or does the sensor come seperately ? i can see the swicth but it looks like like it comes as a whole? any ideas where to buy another?? Greatly appreciated :)

If the intermittent wipe doesn't work that could point to a faulty stalk contact, But that wouldn't affect the alarm!

Had a quick look on VagCat it's a single unit P/N 6Y0 823 509 E (Needs confirmation) First port of call would be your dealer or TPS!

If you buy it from the dealer don't be afraid to ask for a discount, The worst they can say is no! Dependant on the part my dealer usually gives me between 10-20% discount!

Edited by Mike B

If the intermittent wipe doesn't work that could point to a faulty stalk contact, But that wouldn't affect the alarm!

Had a quick look on VagCat it's a single unit P/N 6Y0 823 509 E (Needs confirmation) First port of call would be your dealer or TPS!

If you buy it from the dealer don't be afraid to ask for a discount, The worst they can say is no! Dependant on the part my dealer usually gives me between 10-20% discount!

Thats brilliant mate thanks for the help. Just pretty sure that its the switch , because the alarm not setting would make sense with the car thinking that the bonnets still open. Ill have a look on there and let you know how I go . Thanks again.

Thats brilliant mate thanks for the help. Just pretty sure that its the switch , because the alarm not setting would make sense with the car thinking that the bonnets still open. Ill have a look on there and let you know how I go . Thanks again.

I needed a replacement bonnet latch for similar reasons - sometimes the intermittent wipers didn't work and also the alarm would arm but then it would go off for no apparent reason (usually at 2 in the morning, which made both myself and my neighbour rather unhappy!). As a temporary measure I found that disconnecting the wiring (plug on driver's side of latch) seemed to stop the alarm going off - perhaps when it's armed it finds there's no signal to the bonnet sensor so disregards it - so you may want to try disconnecting the plug and seeing if it has any effect on setting your alarm.

• 2 years later...

I needed a replacement bonnet latch for similar reasons - sometimes the intermittent wipers didn't work and also the alarm would arm but then it would go off for no apparent reason (usually at 2 in the morning, which made both myself and my neighbour rather unhappy!). As a temporary measure I found that disconnecting the wiring (plug on driver's side of latch) seemed to stop the alarm going off - perhaps when it's armed it finds there's no signal to the bonnet sensor so disregards it - so you may want to try disconnecting the plug and seeing if it has any effect on setting your alarm.

I had this happen tonight; alarm kept going off, intermittent wipers didn't work, indicators didn't flash when locking. I unplugged the bonnet sensor and the wipers started working and the indicators flashed when locked. The alarm hasn't gone off yet...

Any ideas about fixing the sensor?