Skoda SWING backlight problem (I can't incrase)

Hello

I have installed a Skoda Swing radio in my Octavia 2 (2007).. I have changed the can gateway to 7N0907530C (from 1k0907520K). All is OK, but the screen is very dark. I have VCDS 11-11-3 I can see normal backlight 0% when I turn on the light, it is 30%... BUT the 0% is very low..

HOW CAN I INCRASE the backlight illum??

Skoda Swing 161M (from 2012)

Thanks

Laci

Hello

The factory radio is Melody, after I bought a Stream.. Yes, the melodys, and the Streams backlight is light with the car light, when I turn on the lamp, light a radio backlight (green)...

The Swing is another... The screen is black, the backlight is white...

The backlight works everytime, but when I turn on, it is very low..

What can I do??

Laci

Sounds very much like the Bolero problem in a pre-FL car where the screen is lit, albeit in night time mode (so its visible at night but nearly impossible to see during the day). I've looked and there doesn't seem to be a fix for it - I've given up... Think I'm going to get a new car instead :wall:

Hello..

DELPHI RADIOS PROBLEM....

Now, read through a bunch of Forum, finally I understood the problem. The point .. My car (MY07) has no central light perception, and the new Delphi radios (Swing, Bolero) CAN-BUS get the current brightness, which claimed their own backlight. Older cars can only send this (terminal 58d) when he turned on the light switch, the value set by the instrument panel knobs. In other words, is disabled by default 0% brightness to give, so too dark display of swing and bolero. When the switch is turned secular, the display correctly ..

Now here comes the man broke :) If you turned on the lights, the radio buttons and the CD slot is lit, otherwise .. In other words, these switches can take a signal. If a conversion is done on the front of the radio, it can be solved easily, to remain on good lighting function, otherwise 100% brightness to .. It's not perfect, but an OK solution for almost ...

Enclosed is the solution. It is also fully used like the Bolero, you just have to look for it in the unlikely FET, which was carried out by the PWM, and nicely open fully.

D1, D2 Schottky ideal, but a simple 1N4148 meets the 100k resistor and not really necessary, but it does not matter .. The T2 is a plain NPN transistor such as BC817 ... Where is the image of what? .... I think a man electronics are all within 5 minutes. The 12V and GND terminal to edge facing each other, but knowledge of the drawing can be found in about 1 minute with a multimeter.

Good luck with that ....

Laci from Hungary

If You have a question:

[email protected]

post-101441-0-97896100-1364287186_thumb.jpg

post-101441-0-52219800-1364287187_thumb.jpg

I'm no electrician but if, what you've posted is a solution to the dim Bolero (and Swing) problem, you're going to be treated like royalty!

Unfortunately it makes no sense to me. I'll link this thread to the dim Bolero one I started the other week and see if anyone who is a little more electronic savvy than me can decipher it!

Hello

The 12V is not battery 12V :) It is the frontpanel internal 12V on the connector.

BUT.. Have a problem! The Swing when You turn off, more then 20 sec "thinking", after shot down..

When You go out the car, the swing screen is light :(

There is the ILLUM on the menu.. When Illum 1, the Volume and Setup menu is black, but If Illum 2, the Volume and setup button light, when the radio works!!!

WE CAN USE THIS :)

It works very well..

I append the schematic now.. It works good.

If You use Illum 1, the screen is dark, but If You use Illum 2, the screen is very bright, but If You turn on the lamp, the screen is darker...

Laci

post-101441-0-15182800-1364364768_thumb.jpg

post-101441-0-08468900-1364364769_thumb.jpg