For Pre FL see Carl's guide here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/280484-european-headlight-adjustment-octy-ii-pre-fl-halogen-lights/

Pics re-hosted to preserve and reposted here. Should be easier found now.

Skaut thanks you were spot on FL VRS is the same or very similar

************I will point out now this is for pikey style normal lights like mine not Xenon ones they can do this via MaxiDot gurrrrr*************

This is what I did. (click on any image to enlarge)

Undo nylon securing nut on back of light cluster under bonnet.

1.jpg

Push small black square tab and pull hook on side of light cluster to unlock and release unit forward.

2.jpg

(Light cluster released)

3.jpg

Remove main larger rubber cap. (can be all done without unplugging as I did with first one only removed to counter for pic!)

4.jpg

5.jpg

Now the 2 metal levers are visible they appear to be on a bezel and moving one also moves the other simply move to opposite position.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Reassemble in reverse order and job done. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Final result.

8.jpg

• 1 year later...

Very useful post here.

I have done the same thing on my O2 FL but since I've moved to Ireland and brought here my LHD car I had to switch them from LHD to RHD (the other way as in this video).

Basically from  _____/ _____/ they are now  _____  _____ .

It is unable to switch from _____/ _____/ to \_____ \_____ .

Here are also the before and after result on my car:

before.jpg after.jpg

Edited by iwolffy

• 1 year later...

Many thanks/  You saved the day!

Can I make a couple of comments?

If you are about to do this -

The release tag for the headlight unit (which appears to be labelled in braille) needs to be raised, just a little bit, to allow the hooked metal bit to be pulled towards to opposite light unit.

(Obvious when you have done it, but as it will be stuck fast, you need to know what is supposed to be happening)

When the unit is out (and still attached by the wires), get a mate to well lubricate the slidy bit which is part of the hook.  It's quite a large plate which locks the whole unit in place.

The light unit actually locates on the bottom black plastic plate with loads of locating slides, so you might get aforementioned mate to lubricate all of them too.  (Remember you are going to do this at least once more - might as well make it easy! )  A pipe cleaner with some lubricant on it would make a good job, I think.  Then you can wipe off the spare lube before it attracts all the grit amd grot.

No mates?  Best to disconnect the wires - without breaking anything.  How, I've no idea.

For what it's worth, to lube plastics and most other things, I use Waxoyl or similar let down with white spirit to make it runnier, and kept in an old spray bottle.  It's messy, but leaves a thin film of vaseline-like lube behind when the spirir evaporates.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Anybody know if the projector lights can be removed from the opening from a r/h drive unit and put in the l/h drive unit?

Xpower was able to remove it but it did take cutting of both the plastic housing and the projector: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262148-octavia-vrs-custom-bi-xenon-projector-conversion/#entry3101287

The correct method is to remove the front lens, then all the internals and finally the projector. It will mean that the ECE codes on the headlight no longer match the beam pattern which might cause confusion later... I assume you were considering buying some black LHD headlights and converting to RHD? If so, you may as well just spray the internals once the lens is off ;)

Yes, getting black l/hand headlights and had thought it may just slide out. The cutting may still be a viable option, as it's less messy than baking headlights to remove lens.

I think that I should have got the 2nd hand units from a member here, remove the lens and spray it black myself .... and cheaper!

Many thanks for the reply to the guide - wouldn't have spotted it myself!

From what I've heard the glue used on the FL headlights doesn't melt well using the oven method. Instead most I've seen seem to cut the front lens off with a dremel or similar.

• 2 years later...

Bump.

I've got a question about inserting headlight back into place. Basically my headlight seems to be moving a little bit as its not correctly inserted into the plastic mould. Any idea? Its all secured but if you push the corner of headlight it moves in. Also is the plastic tag necessary if metal pull part is fine?