Maxidot upgrade and MFSW by EDDIE-NL

guzzit3

Hi all, I just have have to say how pleased I am with my upgrade to a Maxidot Display and Multi function steering wheel, fitted by "Eddie-NL",what a great Bloke, I must say how impressed I was with Eddies knowledge, skill and attention to detail.

I arrive at his place at 9.30 he read the info off my original cluster and had to disassemble the new "secondhand" cluster to reprogram a chip lurking well within the depths of the interior then put it all back together, he made wiring mods, made up a new loom for the Steering wheel fitted everything and reprogrammed all the new devices with his laptop, mostly led on his back in a puddle, always cheerful. A road test and everything was working well. Left about 2pm after being offed a cup of tea and a test ride in his awesome Vrs! what else could you ask for. I will try to get some pics posted.

Thanks Ed

If anyone CAN Eddie CAN

hi there do you know which wires eddie had to add to the loom to get the mfsw to work,, i have my mfsw now and have been reading some posts in the polo forum,, i believe there are 2 wires which are need..??

regards

james./

Hey guys.

I'm from denmark

Just wanted to know how you retrofit the MFSW??? Wich wires do you need to use and where too put them.

I've godt a fabia 1.2 tsi with maxidot and i'm gonna fit a aamundsen + also

Please help

• 3 months later...

Reviving an old thread I know, but where abouts are you located Eddie, would you consider doing this work on other member's vehicles?

I would like to have this done on my 2010 (FL) Fabia SE once I have tracked down the parts. Clearly, having the setup fitted is the most difficult part so would be more than one step ahead if I found someone who could reliably fit this.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello I have a Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI CR Greenline with display number 5J0920811D (SW 0305 - HW H03). I would like to mount Maxidot display, can you tell me which serial number should have?

Thank you

• 2 years later...

Morning

I bought a set of multi function buttons steering wheel MFL for the Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo Tech I just wonder if there anybody in BB11 postcode could do the work for me or would be better going Skoda dealership to have done if so what will be the charge from them?

As I borrow Skoda Rapid with these fitting and from that day I thought wouldn't mine be fitting on Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo Tech which I purchase last month.

Any thoughts or ideas I be grateful indeed

Regards

Brendan

Edited by john999boy
Postcode altered

Morning

I bought a set of multi function buttons steering wheel MFL for the Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo Tech I just wonder if there anybody in BB11 postcode could do the work for me or would be better going Skoda dealership to have done if so what will be the charge from them?

As I borrow Skoda Rapid with these fitting and from that day I thought wouldn't mine be fitting on Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo Tech which I purchase last month.

Any thoughts or ideas I be grateful indeed

Regards

Brendan

Why have you just put your entire postcode on the internet?

The first part would be fine.. Or just the vague area (:

Edited by john999boy
Postcode altered

• 4 years later...

Really pleased with the work Eddie carried out for me yesterday. He swapped my 5j basic green light cluster for the maxidot cluster. It’s much better and I now have a temperature and fuel gauge compared to the standard bars for fuel and no fuel temperature. Was surprised by the electrical and technical knowledge Eddie has and can’t recommend anyone else to go to for jobs like these. Pictures speak for themselves. Also fitted me a mfsw that works with my radio aswellC4663771-BBA8-4229-AC6A-711F2912D81D.thumb.jpeg.52dc65a52d5549f636f19b3695aaa5ad.jpeg

6D47C940-818F-49BC-9E8B-94CE609F6975.jpeg

441204E5-2926-4A3C-84A0-945512658D64.jpeg

227A290F-FD33-4E28-B995-DE2708EAE1DF.jpeg